Sweet swaybar setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw this on a 40 at GSMTR. Both left and right sides have this setup. Keeps everything away from the rocks and appeaers to be adjustable. Anybody running something similar? Info appreciated.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the wrap bars?
Looks good except a wrap bar of that design with the bar above the spring relies on the spring to be rigid in compression, which it's not.
I'm sure it works to some extent, but I don't think it's ideal.

That's a variation of a bar that's been on the market for years. There's even a kit available through J.C. Whitney that does the same thing for pickup trucks - bolts with a bracket to the u-bolts and with a heim eye to attach to the spring shackle bolt. The ones I've seen have rubber/steel where this one looks to have used a spring hanger. That rod even looks a lot like the one that comes in the kit. It was around $69. a few years ago.

Doesn't work all that well because all it really is is a glorified spring helper that stiiffens the rear half of the spring. Get one made for a truck with cabover camper, it'll be cheap.

Short track racers have used a sliding bar like that for years. They run light springs, many use a single leaf set up. It will reduce wrap, not eliminate it. Wheel hop will likely be amplified.

Chris Durham ran that setup years ago in his comp rig. So it wasn't totally bogus.......

large thread over on pirate, using cat 1 tractor arms mounted in the same manner.

Do you have the link? I didnt see the thread in Gen 4x4, newb 4x, and lc..??

-Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom