Builds Sweet Brown 80 & Sweet Brown Buggy - Dual Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diamond doesn't usually make their deadline from what Ive seen personally. Maybe mid september next year youll get it. Last guy I know that ordered a diamond axle it took over a year to get it and it, and was 2" too narrow which he didn't figure out until it was in the truck.

Hate hearing that. Hopefully a one off experience. I got in touch with Brian after work and was told end of this week is the expected completion so that was awesome to hear. Fingers crossed

Welp... HG gave up the ghost. Putting a bit of a damper on my other build plans - all focus shifted to the heart right now. Got the engine out this weekend with the massive help of one of ONSC's finest Garrett Johnston. He's got the block down at a machine shop now getting ready for a bit of rebuild action.

1569854103132.png

This past Friday my buddy Garrett @4LowandSlow showed back up with a fresh engine in the back of his tacoma!

1573586025207.png

This is where she's sitting currently while we wait on a fuel rail to arrive:

1573586090302.png

Hopefully I can persuade him to come over one more weekend and keep helping my dumb a** figure out this engine :hillbilly:

Additionally, got something much more fun to play with and get all pretty. The diamond has arrived!

1573586432037.png

This past Friday my buddy Garrett @4LowandSlow showed back up with a fresh engine in the back of his tacoma!

View attachment 2131436

This is where she's sitting currently while we wait on a fuel rail to arrive:

View attachment 2131439

Hopefully I can persuade him to come over one more weekend and keep helping my dumb a** figure out this engine :hillbilly:

Additionally, got something much more fun to play with and get all pretty. The diamond has arrived!

View attachment 2131444
trey NEW or rebuilt or renewed. from where and how many bananas? asking for a friend

trey NEW or rebuilt or renewed. from where and how many bananas? asking for a friend

Rebuilt sorry, had a machine shop here in NC do it. So far the engine pull and replace has been more bananas than my capabilities alone honestly. Having someone who has been there and done this has made me much less anxious.

I bagged and labeled almost every bolt which has also helped out monumentally.

Rebuilt sorry, had a machine shop here in NC do it. So far the engine pull and replace has been more bananas than my capabilities alone honestly. Having someone who has been there and done this has made me much less anxious.

I bagged and labeled almost every bolt which has also helped out monumentally.
keeping nuts bolts etc organized is a huge thing, sucks putting it back together and forgetting

Trey whats the weather down your way for next couple weeks, could I hit uwharrie??

You certainly can. Highs 50-60s, lows in the 30s. Only chance of rain for the next 10 days is this coming Thursday I think.
well im throwing my new Transfer case in and rolling . thanks man

well im throwing my new Transfer case in and rolling . thanks man

Yes sir. I'll be in Ireland starting next week through Thanksgiving so I may miss you but there is a good group of toyota dudes coming over the next couple weeks for their final events.

Reactions: RFB
Yes sir. I'll be in Ireland starting next week through Thanksgiving so I may miss you but there is a good group of toyota dudes coming over the next couple weeks for their final events.
Well "top of the morning to ya" ............................................................. and there is a correct response on your end.

Got some Battle Born beadlocks in to satisfy my desire for beadlocks, black wheels, and an internal bore big enough to go over the D60 hubs about to happen on the rear axle swap. Axle swap, triangulated 4 link, 16" coil overs & a fuel cell incoming.
View attachment 2173901
What size tires are you running ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom