For Sale SWB Fixed Cab Rear Split Window Rubber Extrusion Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found a guy about 70 something in Escondido about 10 years ago [I know, not a big help] that was willing to make a set for $1500 then much lower for each additional set [$500 if I recall correctly]. the biggest difficulty was supposed to be that there was literally nobody making dual channel gasket any longer to start with. so each channel would have to be cut in to stock rubber [for the two panes to slide open/pass]. I recall checking endlessly for dual channel stock and ultimately giving up, even thinking that Australia may have been a place to find it.
If 10 people committed, we would be at $650 ea..

Meesa 2

I found a guy about 70 something in Escondido about 10 years ago [I know, not a big help] that was willing to make a set for $1500 then much lower for each additional set [$500 if I recall correctly]. the biggest difficulty was supposed to be that there was literally nobody making dual channel gasket any longer to start with. so each channel would have to be cut in to stock rubber [for the two panes to slide open/pass]. I recall checking endlessly for dual channel stock and ultimately giving up, even thinking that Australia may have been a place to find it.
If 10 people committed, we would be at $650 ea..

I'm wondering if the 70 year old guy who would now be 80 years old would be alive or still be able/willing to take this on.
prices from 10 years ago are probably not close to todays dollars.
this being said, I'd be in for a pair/set but would need current pricing and someone to do the work.

yeah, I knew it would be a long shot knowing the man was now in his 80's [hopefully]. I just "drove around" [on google maps] the industrial area of Escondido. I'm 80% certain that the people that told me about him [not his price] was hilltop classics at 1856 commercial street. If I'm not correct then in that zone north of auto park way, south of W mission rd, and west of N hale are a lot of vehicle related places to drive around and ask.

I recall them saying the guy was a couple buildings away from them.

if you got the right rubber stock [width], someone with a good OEM set could measure the ridge between the two panes and the depth of each channel, then mark a straight line on each side and groove the channels.

......gotta be some kind of computerization that does that nowadays.

last I heard when searching for OEM set was that a set would be worth $1000. yikes. so at $650 it sounds good.

Last edited:
I received a quick response from this manufacturer. below is our correspondence, I have estimated 12' per vehicle. The estimate below is per 144' or 12 vehicles.

Dear Sean,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Although we cannot quote exact price as some of dimensions are missing, I would estimate $3,000 to $4,000.

The break down of the price is about $20 per foot ($2,880 for 144’) plus about $600 for extruding die.

If you are still interested we can proceed.

Regards,

Masahiko TSUBOTA

Moriteq Rubber Co. (Moriteq USA)

710 W. Algonquin Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60005

TEL: (847) 734-0970

FAX: (847) 734-0972

CELL: (864) 275-1920

E-mail: tsubota@moritequsa.com

Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 6:10 PM
To: Moriteq USA Info <info@moritequsa.com>
Subject: Automotive (truck) Rubber Window Extrusion

Hello Sirs,

I’d like to know if you could offer me a estimated price to produce a Rubber Window Extrusion per the cross-section sketch I’ve forwarded.

If pricing per Foot could be given, with an estimated 144’ total ordered.

Thanks,

-Sean Belanger

this is the File I sent. I will find out what other dimensions they need.
PLEASE, EVERYONE that is interested and willing to commit to a deposit let me know ASAP.
45535CC9-E9C3-42CA-A555-C5E2DED77F70.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m in for a set (looks like mid-$200’s for a set?).

This is awesome. 😎

Sean, do you have glass that can be used as templates as well? And then there’s the locking mechanism on each side.

At the most, $300 depending on how many ways we can split the die cost.

I have the glass for anyone needed templates.

There will still be 2 minor modifications necessary to the Extrusion. A 1/4” filler for the exterior grove on the sliding glass side and the center bar. Both should be easy add-ons but would drastically complicate the mold, easily making it financially out of reach.

9E07BDC1-5454-4AF3-888C-083D5BF40596.jpeg
A448912E-D609-4D7B-85DD-C4382FC54ADE.jpeg

Sean - some questions as my rig has no remnant of these windows or parts so my knowledge is only from other posters.

Can’t remember where these pics are from (I think the inside rig is at the land cruiser museum) but one shows some indentations along the bottom, for draining? The other doesn’t, which is like mine. Is that extrusion you mention to keep water from accumulating in the groove past the fixed window part? (maybe that also helps with retention?) Is there any other drain requirements?
3E92D348-F28E-40A1-9538-5B80BA8911B0.jpeg
48B9CB2D-6F72-4E30-A6C9-3497BC4E2737.jpeg

What holds the rubber in place? Is there a locking piece like on the windshield rubber?

Are these loops or long pieces that butt together?

Thanks for taking this on.

My rubber in my 63 is in surprisingly good condition being 57 years old. But I am absolutely in for a set try and help the project and costs for all along.

Sean - some questions as my rig has no remnant of these windows or parts so my knowledge is only from other posters.

Can’t remember where these pics are from (I think the inside rig is at the land cruiser museum) but one shows some indentations along the bottom, for draining? The other doesn’t, which is like mine. Is that extrusion you mention to keep water from accumulating in the groove past the fixed window part? (maybe that also helps with retention?) Is there any other drain requirements?View attachment 2528347View attachment 2528348

What holds the rubber in place? Is there a locking piece like on the windshield rubber?

Are these loops or long pieces that butt together?

Thanks for taking this on.

I think those indentations are for drainage, my 64 had them, but my 63 doesn't. Fixed tops had two different back cab panels, would have thought the newer one would get the drains, but the indentation is on a early back in your first picture?? so not sure when drains or what ever they are showed up.

Rubber is held in by screws that counter sink into the rubber into the window frame.

Here is my 64 with the different back cab panel for reference. Older has 6 ribs, newer has 4 indentations..

IMG_0889.JPG

EDIT: sorry got off subject

Last edited:
so with only 4 responses and a below par sample, I'm trying something different.

I'll be purchasing twice the necessary length of a "single pane extrusion", attempt to split it and make a "double pane" track.

E1.jpg

EF2.jpg

i will take a set please.

was I still on the list?

I’ll take a set as well. Please PM when payment is needed. Thank you for doing this!

This is how they handled the sliding windows in early snow cats. The top left picture. This rubber is still available.

3EF2E162-582A-4A3F-8829-2F4A0BE1A537.jpeg

This is an interesting project.
Is the intention to add flocking to the channel to allow the windows slide easily, ala door window channel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom