Swapping Side Mouldings LX -> LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 02 LX, and I'm getting tired of the thick side moulding. I've done a bit of research here tonight and I've seen that there's more holes that I'd have to cover up if I took it off. I was all for running without the moulding, just filling the holes so to speak, and bed lining that area. However, I just saw bozncsurf's photo and I love the look of the side of his rig. It seems like I can get the LC mouldings off ebay for like $141... Has any one successfully put LC mouldings on their LX? If there's a thread on it already out there my bad, I wasn't able to find it.

The side mouldings are fantastically functional. I hit a tree stump with my passenger side rear door on a banked trail, and that moulding popped off and the door was badly gouged. But then I popped the moulding back on and voila! Good as new. You’d never know the damage was there. Cheaper to replace than a whole door if you damage it— it’s practically a thin layer of armor!

Still, I’m interested to see an LX without the mouldings. :popcorn:

The front fenders are different on the LXs to accommodate the molding. It would be quite a bit of work just to change molding style.

Thanks guys, good to know. I guess I'll just start with painting the bottom half of them black or bed liner. That might get me close enough for the look while saving the hassle and keeping the protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom