swapping parts from an f to a 2f??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok so i am getting some parts from an f and i was curious as to whether they will fit my 2f or not. i assume that they will but i am not sure. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks!!

oil pump
water pump
fuel pump(mechanical)
distributor

great link....thanks man. that answers one of my questions.....

If you are currently running a clutch fan, the WP will not work as stated above, but the direct drive 6 blade fan will work just fine. The oilpump has a different pickup and may interfere with the baffles in your oilpan, but you can just cut the baffle so it will clear. The distributor will swap. and the fuel pump should work just fine, but will probably not have the return fitting on it.
GL

Ed

Don't use the oil pupm. The f oilpump has a physically smaller 'pump' on it and moves less oil (= lower oil pressure). Asking for oiling problems!
Also, I suspect you may have issues with some of the pipework within the sump - though thats solvable.

andrewfarmer said:
Don't use the oil pupm. The f oilpump has a physically smaller 'pump' on it and moves less oil (= lower oil pressure). Asking for oiling problems!
Also, I suspect you may have issues with some of the pipework within the sump - though thats solvable.

Never thought about that as the only F I have dealt with was a '74 which had the same oiling as a 2F. But on an early F only half the oil went thru the filter, not sure if that makes a difference or not as they all oiled the same things, albeit different routes. I think volume output had to be the same???

Dunno

Ed

okay thanks...i'll hold off on the oil pump then. the one i have is fine for now i guess. here's one for ya. the distributor is a mallory magnetic points distributor....what advantage will i have running this compaired to the stock dissy?

I had one of those, sucked hard, melted cap and rotors like it was its job. But that was around the time that I had voltage regulator issues, so the two may be correlated I don’t remember if I had it on after I finally figured out the voltage regulator issue or not (many moons ago). I put on a stock vacuum advance points distributor and haven’t looked back.

I've run a Mallory mag pickup (centrifugal advance only) for about eight years. It replaced the stock dissy that wore out in my '72. Haven't had to do anything except periodically (once a year) clean some build up off the rotor contact points inside the cap. I set the timing when I installed it and have not had to touch it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom