swapping ome leafs onto my soad 60.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story but after getting rid of the chev 63" springs I was gonna use on the rear of my 60 I picked up a set of ome "dual rate" dakar 60 replacement springs. Spoke to a dude at ome and he recommended the cs004rb leafs since theyre the closest to stock height springs they sell. The overall height of the stack is roughly 1/4 to 1/2" shorter than the packs that are on there now so hopefully that helps make up for any lift I get. Id love for it to stay roughly the same height but im not a dreamer lol..

Havent thrown a set of the ome leafs on anything since my buddies taco and I dont remember how to tell which spring goes on which side... One has a - near the front eye and the other has a + but thats all I can see. If anyone knows which goes where please feel free to edumacate me.

Part deux.

If I do end up getting more lift than I need which leaf would you guys remove? The pack has 6 main leafs and 2 overload lookin ones. I was gonna pop out one of the bottom most in the main leaf pack and leave both overloads in there but am curious as to what others have done.

Thanks in advance

D

Threw the + on the drivers side, had to use the forward leaf pin mount hole on the axle leaf perches (ruff stuff lookin perches w 3 positions) to get the axle centered. Ended up with roughly 1-1.25" lift per side compared to the old worn out stock leafs. Hoping theyll settle down a little over time. Now just have to track down a set of matching front leafs.

D

Didnt really decide against them..... My buddy had his eye on my 63s and the ruff stuff swap kit, eventually he offered to trade me his hydro tube bender with 5 dies for em. Couldnt say no to that...

D

Didnt really decide against them..... My buddy had his eye on my 63s and the ruff stuff swap kit, eventually he offered to trade me his hydro tube bender with 5 dies for em. Couldnt say no to that...

D

Damn! Can't blame you at all.

Typically the shortest leaf in a pack is removed first)

Yeah...

I figured the shortest would be the one, thanks. Have to throw the 40s on and see if it still fits in the garage before I screw with that.

D

Lol Thanks but she looks sad right now. 40s up front little weenie 225s out back and new dents all over....

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom