Swapping injectors on 1hz motor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got the bits to do this - new genuine injectors, seats and a return fuel rail. Is there anything I have to watch out for apart from cleanliness.

The injector seats appear to be brass or similar so I presume they are meant to 'bed' with the bottom of the injector body and give the tip some protection.

Happy Christmas all!

Craig.

There is a nozzle gasket as well as a seat. Nozzle gasket goes right to bottom of hole, you'll see when you get one apart.

Toyota part number 11177-64010 for '"Gasket, injection nozzle seat", just a little guy, you'll want 6.

Not to be confused with part number 11176-64010 "Seat, injection nozzle" Very brassy in colour.

This link may help, if it works correctly should take you to an exploded diagram which will lay out which bit is which. There are pictures if you click on part number then the little blue camera icon.

INJECTION NOZZLE | Toyota LAND CRUISER S/T,H/T HZJ73V-MEU FJ75,LJ7#,HZJ7#,PZJ7#,KZJ7# | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq - https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Toyota&ssd=%24%2AKwGonI21qdzQsOnZyMb7jPDkxMPdrKOur72jkeG56L-guca87--yuKGt4OTu9fqDtvP58vi_oKqwvKWktbihvq-oq6287--49Lmmv6ipra70__Pn5er0_tvnvKCu86C7vqqiqq2t8-_9urn16bihvLyTjIPb1r6xurnx_eH38bjTxtetqMqzjoiEuLe8v-z4vqTjo6T297C9uP31-uH38aur4QAAAAC0Se7Q%24&vid=0&cid=&uid=361746&q=

Last edited:
Also interesting, as the 1hz is such a beautifully basic engine, it is possible for the layman to replace only the injector nozzle itself, ie. the main wear item in this type of injector. They are available from Toyota as well as direct from a supplier such as an injection shop as a Denso part without the Toyota markup.

That however is a tale for another time.

Ah thanks for the heads up ith the parts. yes the 'brassy' things I def have a full set of. didn't realise I needed something else so will hunt. I got lucky and found a full brand new set of genuine injectors. The seats I got from amayama probably 3 yrs ago in a big batch of other Toyota bits at the time.

Ok looking at one of the new injectors, there's a metal washer thing in the bag.

In the ToyoDIY diagrams, it shows that the 11177-64010 part is included with the injector as supplied by Toyota. Is that what the metal washer thing is?

Last edited:
Yep, thats your nozzle gasket right there. Extra handy that Toyota supplies one with the injector. Looks like you've got what you need, wouldn't hurt to open each box and make sure they're all in there.

Thanks. When I have a nice clear day and I'm not dying of some lurgy and/or Covid I'll get stuck into the job. I also have the special toyota tool to set the injector pump timing but that should not have changed since it was set in 2011 when the pump currently on the motor was fitted. Probably wouldn't hurt though to inspect it but the best time is probably when I'm doing the engine time belt and tensioner job (which is due at 700 k km's).

Be sure to get all old crush washers / seals out of the head. They can be hard to remove, and easy to miss. A hook pick set helps.
Take it one inevitable at a time, and make sure you get all orings out as you go so none get missed.

The round metal O-Rings are single use.

It would be a good idea to check pump timing if it hasn't been checked in 11+ years, and to get the best from fresh injectors.
Timing changes as parts wear.
If you have the tool, really no reason not to check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom