Swapping Huge shackle reversal to low pro!

I have a large Man a fre shackle reversal on my 85 Fj60 now. I’m working on my spring over and I want to remove the lager shackle reversal and replace it with a low profile one like the ruff stuff spring hanger. To reduce the amount of objects that catch it. Is it as simple as just replacing the hangers or will I need to reduce the shackle size as well. The rear shackle matches the front in size atm. I’m running stock springs in the rear recently SOA and i have a set of stock springs for the front so my question is. Can I just reduce the hange for a smaller low profile one and still have a level truck? Using stock spring front and rear with the same size shackles?
E4F07313-C776-4C3C-9209-14146BABCA31.jpeg

B3799326-AA85-4E8E-B54E-AC37E68ECDE0.jpeg

tmxmotorsports

SILVER Star
Are those jack stands the ones with the recall from harbor freight? I have the same shackle reversal on my 62.

Are you wanting to keep the shackle reversal or flip it back to how it is stock (with shackle in front)?

If I were you, I would cut off the Manafre hangers in the front and put on some ruff stuff spring hangers like these:

and then French the shackle through the frame in the rear like this:

41AC19B3-E58C-40E5-9D5F-BA289D63127A.jpeg

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
www.facebook.com
Are you wanting to keep the shackle reversal or flip it back to how it is stock (with shackle in front)?

If I were you, I would cut off the Manafre hangers in the front and put on some ruff stuff spring hangers like these:

and then French the shackle through the frame in the rear like this:

View attachment 2384250

I don’t think his 60 won’t sit level if he does that. He’s local I’ve already been over there and looked at it

Sorry I did not see any notification to anyone responding. I want to keep the SR just not Man a Fre like matt said he has looked at it and has the ruff stuff spring hangers like mentioned above. And he has also frenched his shackles. I do not want to french my shackles thru my frame at all, I don't want to lower the truck I just want to reduce the size of the front hanger so it does not catch everything. What would be my shackle options if I cut the Man a Fre off put the ruff stuff on and ran what shackle? My rear is a stock spring with a 5' or 6" inversion shackle SOA on 39s. I currently have a Frankenstein spring upfront in the process of SOA. It consists of an OME heavy spring, 1" arch 1" AAL I could take leafs out or I have a stock fj60 spring I could use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom