swapping engines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey everyone just curious about this because i haven't seen any threads on it but would a 3fe out of a fj62 swap into a fj60 with out much modification. this would include the tranny and transfer case also. I know you wouldn't gain really any advantage over the 2f/manual gear box setup but fuel injection would be nice and it would keep everything in the toyota landcruiser family. No I am not interested in a sbc so don't try and compare the two. one of the things that sold me on the landcruiser is the toyota factor so why would I put a chevy 350 in it (yes I know the 2f is a "chevy" engine but thats beside the point) and ruin that.

what i'm interested in is wether
1. will the 62 engine use the same mounts as the 60?
2. how much will I have to change the fuel system for fuel injection?
3. what are the chances of finding a complete 3fe engine/tranny/transfer case setup that works and how much would I expect to pay for it?

You will need the computer to run the 3FE. It's called an ECU. Not sure how the fuel pumps match up (62 is in tank, 60 is mounted in engine bay.)

Get a 62 complete tank is an easy swap

why not run an aftermarket inline pump?

Might wanna consider KEEPING the manual trans for the 3FE. Most guyz here are converting their autos to manuals for a little more pep. This will also allow you to upgrade to an H55 and and make an easier platform to run a dual case set up down the road if you choose.
Just something to think about.
The auto (at least in mine) eats up a lot of HP and it feels like a DOG!
Im going the Chevy route to remedy that!:D

Chicago

thanks for the input so far guys. does anyone know about the mounting points? there has to be someone on mud that is an encyclepidia on 60/62 series cruisers that wants to chimn in on this. right?

Whats wrong witht the 2f, you'd be better off keeping the the 2f and swapping in the fuel injection. As for the mounting everything should mount the same as long as you keep the manual tranny, the auto would require mods

There was a great write up in TT on putting the 3Fe stuff on a 2f block as a hybrid.
I can try to look it up if you're interested.
Bryan

theres also a 3fe stuff onto a 2f in a 40 write up somewhere... i have the pdf saved but i dunno if that helps. im researching for a 2fe right now...

theres also a 3fe stuff onto a 2f in a 40 write up somewhere... i have the pdf saved but i dunno if that helps. im researching for a 2fe right now...

That link is on my page also. I've tried to keep up with the 2F-Es and any write ups available.

Also (and this is my opinion) I think to add EFI to a 60, a guy would be better off finding a throttle body from a GM. The wiring would be a lot easier and you could manage it better.

Also (and this is my opinion) I think to add EFI to a 60, a guy would be better off finding a throttle body from a GM. The wiring would be a lot easier and you could manage it better.

not to hijack, but 'splain that to me...
maybe a pm so we dont take this thread too far off track?

They call that a 2fe and its got some work involved. You are far better off buying a old rusty 62 for conversion parts. I have driven a 60 with a 2fe conversion.......its simply cool as hell

84Cruiser did the GM EFI, but then he's a real mechanic. Says it runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom