swap switches on transfer case??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The CDL switch is on order from Cruiser Dan, but last night I determined why my dash CDL light was not illuminating. The roller switch on the front of the xfer case is bad, can I swap the switch from the rear of the case to the front? I believe the purpose of the rear switch is for proper tranny shift patterns in lo range. Thanks

Maybe just try removing the switch and spraying wd-40 in the thing and working it. Somebody suggested removing the washer on the switch to make the ball go up a little further. I dunno about that though.

switch is bad, tested.

I took the switch out and tested it with a volt ohm meter and it is bad. I also used contact cleaner and then soaked it in lacquer cleaner with no good results.

I just went through a similar circumstance with mine.

You can short the plug to the sensor with a paperclip to ensure that the upstream electronics are all working (the CDL & ABS lights should come on). There's a thread about this on MUD and a writeup in the technical section of Slee's site.

You can order a replacement sensor from CDan for not too much bank.

Installing the CDL makes any further trouble-shooting MUCH easier.

In my case, the lights would not come on even after installing the new sensor (with and without the washer). Turns out that the CDL actuator was not working due to lack-of-excersize by the PO. It took 2 sessions of driving in circles on a dirt field to get it to break loose. Note: the CDL does not necessarily engage instantly -- you may need to drive for a bit for it to catch.

Both switches on mine had gone caput and no amount of working on and soaking in WD40 would encourage them to work, however I don’t think that they are inter -changeable as the terminal blocks are different, even though they will screw into each others holes. :eek: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom