swap meet with Off Camber Crawlers -June (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Hello Everyone

I received a PM from the VP of the Off Camber Crawlers asking us if we'd like to join them in their swap meet.
They're thinking sometime in June, perhaps the 4th, 18th, or 25th. Nothing is set in stone just yet.

We received positive responses back at the March meeting.
I am responding to the Off Camber Crawlers's VP in our interest.

I'm glad to hear there is interest. I'm actively working on date and location, and hope to have all these basic details set soon. I almost came out to your meeting Wednesday nite, but thought that one Jeep sitting in a row of Toyota's might look a little out of place:)

Ed Swinehart
OCC VP

Last edited:
DSC_0421.jpg

look, there is a jeep in that crowd. . .

i am not a member, but i think you would have been ok :cheers:
DSC_0421.jpg

just park it in the corner of the lot.

Just kidding. We are refined. We have not flipped and burned a Jeep in 6 months.

Chris

Wow, getting my jeep flipped in the back lot behind Kilroy's. That would quickly become the most talked about "rolling incident" in OCC. Currently, the most talked about "rolling incident" took place on Peter's Mill Run.

I was there when the Heep flopped on Peter's Mill and I still can't understand how it happened. the Heep was on a flat part of the road, put a tire on the raised shoulder, and flopped. I guess that's part of being "Fail Rated".

of the 15 rigs on last weekends trip, the jeep was the only one that broke anything :hmm:
food for thought

Bob its a "HEEP THING" you wouldn't get it!

From what I hear around here you don't want it!

Chris

Chris was a good guy. and he was up for tackling anything he could. We can still give him a hard time though

ps - most of my friends are jeep guys, and my family has had a jeep since the grand wagoneer came out. . .what are you gonna do.

Well, not to offend any of you 'ota folks, but the venue is set for this swap meet. Manassas Chrysler/Jeep. They assure me that they have not flipped and burned a Toyota in recent memory:)

All brands welcome. We have a few vendors and sponsors already, food will be available, and there should be a raffle, and maybe even a band and obstacle course, who knows. This is really a great venue for this, and the dealership will bend over backward to accommodate us.

Sounds like there could be more carnge than an offroad event.

ed4banger, is there a guy named pearson in your club? My son had a buddy of his that I believe was a member of Off Camber Crawlers

I will definitely be there. I got a buddy with a bunch of Jeeps parts that hes been looking to dump.

:cheers:

Ok guys

Got a slight update. We're still working out the details so the following is subject to change.

June 4th

If you want to sell stuff you'll get a parking space size for $10 and a spot behind your selling area for your vehicle. You'll also get a raffle ticket towards a big item. We're not limiting this event to the off-road community, so all autoparts/tools are game.

Raffle tickets will be available for purchase too.

Food, likely BBQ, will be available to purchase onsite.

There may be a country western band and a videogame truck.

We're looking for someone to help set up a webpage for this event. Any volunteers with experience?

Also going to place local adds on craigslist, valley trader, and produce flyers to be distributed.

Vendor slots are available for $25

We're excepting sponsors and request a $200 donation in the form of product or services.

Ill try to send out more detailed information directly to club member's email addresses soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom