Swap Meet 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its about time start thinking about Swap Meet planning. The only thing that needs immediate attention is we need to get our ad run in Trails. I don’t remember who pulled that off last year. We just need to run the same ad with this years correct date of Sept 29th. I’m missing the next Meeting on vacation, so can someone (hopefully who did it last year) step up and get this done so we have at least 2 issues of exposure in trails before the event. We can get serious at committee forming and task assignment at the July Meeting. It should practically run itself this year since it gets easier each time.

6824EEDB-B926-4416-A18A-0E8805EDFDA6.jpeg

Guys,

I've been spreading the word about the swap meet, yesterday someone asked me to send him the flier. Was there one last year? Is anyone good with that type of thing??

Time to get this thread back to the top of the pile. It’s two months away. We are not really trying to do anything different than years before. Just keeping the momentum and a successful recipe undisturbed. Same food plan with Patrick and Steve Kim running concessions. Stump in charge of reaching out online to other clubs and general web promotion. The one new item we have for this year is an RC car competition. Idea is to use the center of the field for perhaps some straight speed races, and also an obstacle course. Bring your best mini-rig and compete in the events. I’m not into these things, but I’m willing to help build a course and be entertained by it if anyone has some suggestions for events and obstacles.

I'm building a crawler corse out of some pallets and different Junk. Should be pritty fun! I'll post up pics when I have some good progress.

This might sound like an odd idea but we could post a couple of items to CraigsList and Facebook etc. as we get closer. Could give a lot of visibility to people that are looking for that kind of stuff, but aren't part of the normal communication channels that clubs use. We just put in the post that if they want to buy it they can pick it up at the swap meet. Even if they don't want to buy that specific item at least they would know about it.

This is what I have so far. I have to get some good tires and try it. It may be to easy for some of the nicer trucks. (my stock tires suck) I'm putting a chain bridge on the third side. I didn't get a long enough chain.

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

I have stacks of random bricks and pavers at my house. We can bring over a truck load of them and probably build a good stretch of rock garden.

I was trying to go for something easy to put up and take down. A truck load of pavers would be a pain to pick back up. A wheelbarrow load may be ok.

Last edited:
Jeff has people to do the lifting for him. Must be nice.

I just found this Club, Can anyone attend the swap meet? i got a 94 LC and one of the bearing in the T-case screams at you as you drive at 55-65. My Mech says its the chain or front bearing and it would be easyer to just swap out the transfer case. So Im looking for a T-Case.

Thanks
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom