Trade swap-12v for 24v components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm in the middle of swapping out a 24v B for a 12v 13bt. Ideally I'd like to keep this rig 24v. So I've got a 12v starter, alternator, and glow screen that need swapping. If you've got something and are interested give a holler.

Thanks.:skull:
Jim

I have the starter and altenator off an HJ60 (24v). Where are you located?

Hi,

I'm in the middle of swapping out a 24v B for a 12v 13bt. Ideally I'd like to keep this rig 24v. So I've got a 12v starter, alternator, and glow screen that need swapping. If you've got something and are interested give a holler.

Jim

I have a 24 vdc starter from a 13BT out of a 1987 BJ74, I have the 24 vdc glow screen also, I am located at 97206, the starter I have has been rebuilt and the glow screen works.
I would be interested in a swap, need to know the condition of your parts.
The 3B starter is clocked different than a 13BT.
I don't have the alternator to swap you but I would be interested in buying it if you want to sell it.
Contact me at jake2far@hotmail.com

Jim

Hi,

Jim

Jim, I rebuilt the 12V starter on that engine ( I did nothing to make it look pretty though). The brushes in the alternator looked OK but I did not test it. It is an external regulator type alternator.

I have 24V parts to swap or sell if you want - could have sent them in the first place if I knew.

I also have a 24v VSV and some 24V preheat parts.

You could swap the motor and solenoid off your 24V onto the the later starter. Id be surprised if you couldnt also use your 24V alternator on the 13BT as is.

As far as the alternator goes, the original one did not have a vacuum pump attached. When it died, I tried to get it rebuilt but both places I showed it to told me it was too far gone. So I ended up with something used that I know little about. It seems like this one won't take the vacuum pump assembly, but I could be wrong.

I was also told that I could keep the 12v starter, as long as I had the 24v solenoid and it wouldn't damage anything, but it would turn the starter just a little faster... I know very little when it comes to electrical, so I'd be interested in what you think about that. The motor on the new starter seems quite a bit smaller, but I haven't taken the original off of the B to give a close look to see if changing them would be a possibility.

thanks for the help everyone...still getting used to this whole electrical business.

jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom