SWAG - slider weight distribution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
Any scientific wild ass guesses as to how the weight of sliders is distributed between axles?

What are the thoughts as to the % of the weight that is put on the front axle?

I was guessing 70/30.

Not really essential to the question but my homemade sliders weigh 128lbs. (DS 63lbs, PS 65lbs)

:beer:
jason

If you know where the original CG of the truck is you can adjust it for the impact of adding the sliders and then determine the % of weight of the slider forward of the new CG and back of the new CG. As your sliders aren't weighted consistently from one side to the other due to the ever widening supports, you'll probably want to break it down by component.

I'd say you put 70% on the rear and 30% on the front.

But in the whole scheme of things, you've added 128 lbs to a 6000 lb (+) vehicle so a 1 to 1.5 % gain to either axle would be darned close to negligible.

It between the 2 axles therefore 50/50 with reference to the axles.
All in all it just makes for a nicer ride. thats period

Any scientific wild ass guesses as to how the weight of sliders is distributed between axles?

What are the thoughts as to the % of the weight that is put on the front axle?

I was guessing 70/30.

Not really essential to the question but my homemade sliders weigh 128lbs. (DS 63lbs, PS 65lbs)

jason

I think you could get pretty close by doing the following: measure the distance from the center of the slider to the center of the front springs (we'll call this A) and then the distance from the center of the front spring to the center of the rear spring (B).

Weight to rear axle = Slider weight x A/B.
Weight to front axle will be: Slider weight - previous calculation

Rookie2

I think you could get pretty close by doing the following: measure the distance from the center of the slider to the center of the front springs (we'll call this A) and then the distance from the center of the front spring to the center of the rear spring (B).

Weight to rear axle = Slider weight x A/B.
Weight to front axle will be: Slider weight - previous calculation

Rookie2

guinness_brilliant_tshirt.gif

find the center balance point of the slider and there you go.

it's nor enough to make a difference.

There is more weight in the front half of my sliders than the rear half, FWIW.

does it really matter? what's important is are they built right and attached to the rame well? If not they will break and sheet metal will be damaged. Best to worry about more important things.

does it really matter? what's important is are they built right and attached to the rame well? If not they will break and sheet metal will be damaged. Best to worry about more important things.

Yes! - thank you for the very valuable input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom