SOLD SW Montana: 1992 FJ80 CLEAN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(139, 139, 139)
Hi All,

Selling my LC as I just don't drive it enough to justify hanging on to it (hubby has a built out tacoma so it wasn't worth building this one into an off-road/camping rig) I figure it can go to someone who will love it as much as I did, and either keep it a super solid daily driver or build it out into the beast it can be.

Story of the truck as told to me by the previous owner when I bought it:
Started out in AZ, a kid took it to Wake Forest University (NC) for college, and then it ended up in Big Sky as a lawyer's vacation/resort truck. PO purchased for his wife, but upgraded to a 200 series and she didn't need this anymore.
A shop did some work on it and put the wrong distributor cap on, wrecking the engine. Engine was fully rebuilt by Overland Cruisers in Belgrade, MT. They're a quality shop of guys who know know a thing or two about Landcruisers. I have the invoice from that work, but not the detailed breakdown of what exactly they did.

The Good:
Truck runs really well. Brand new battery, 10k-ish miles since the rebuild (I put on 10k while I owned it, rebuild was invoiced about two weeks before I purchased it). I used to drive it to work which involved a 2000ft climb, and it had no issues with it.
Rust free frame. This truck is as solid as it gets.
33" KO2s with 10k miles, basically new. I don't think it's ever seen more "off roading" than some gravel roads.
Also have a set of Cooper Discoverer 31" snow tires. They were on the truck when I bought it and are essentially new.
Heat and AC work well
Aftermarket speakers, Kenmore, with wiring run for a subwoofer in the back if that's your thing
Have the original manual, jack and tools, and some spare parts like extra straps for the rear seats when they fold up
Transfer case and center diff lock work smoothly
Has all 3 rows of seats

The Expected:
Driver seat vinyl is torn on the side
Missing one of the slider covers for the HVAC controls - I'm going to try to get one 3D printed and pop it on there before I sell it
Fiberglass on one fender got a good ding in it, nothing that translated to the sheet metal of the body.
Passenger door and hood have a few tiny rock chips that went down to the metal. Very light surface rust there, will polish off easily.
Driver taillight cracked, I have a red plastic cover on it so you won't notice unless you look for it
I never did get the rear wiper fluid to work, I'm not sure if there was a leak in the line or I just didn't try long enough to get fluid all the way back there.
Driver's window doesn't work. New development, I'm pretty sure it's just a bad contact but haven't taken the door apart to fix.

Asking $10,000

IMG_2BB0FB1CB12E-1.jpeg

tempImageDdnQvH.png

tempImagei6KkEe.png

tempImageTiNiqt.png

tempImagezc4ziW.png

tempImageAdOBjY.png

tempImagelVJzcs.png

tempImage8Twbd8.png

tempImage9bHaeW.png

tempImagexj3ddq.png

Last edited:
Apologies for some of the above photos being upside down, they must have flipped when uploading. Here are a few more photos. The middle row seats aren't bolted in as I had them removed so they're just placed in their spots for the photo.

tempImage2eQwMW.png

tempImageq4e5oZ.png

tempImagea0qz6H.png

tempImagehmFDXv.png

tempImage0UqRCB.png

tempImageYjyIFU.png

Does the engine rebuild invoice have the date and mileage of the work and the amount spent?

Sorry, date was 4/16/2020, in the amount of $7819.17 I purchased the cruiser about two weeks later, so the engine rebuild actually only has about 10,000 miles on it. I've updated the original post to reflect that.

Screenshot 2021-12-07 091018.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom