SUV Battle 2021 - 300 vs. 200 vs. Land Rover vs. Defender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Canyonero

Beating up Land Cruisers since 2015
Threads
I love videos like this. Also a Raptor is involved and it’s no slouch.

300 did well - better than the 200. Still, not super impressive IMO.

Land Rover, G-Wagon, Defender all have the best traction aids, IMO. Triple-locked G-Wagon really makes a case for itself!

Last edited:
That was great showing how they all do when they're all brand new.
Wonder how they'd all fare on the same exact test 15 years from now? 20 years from now?

Traction controls just can't replace locked diffs.
So true. I wish Toyota would watch this. G wagons are not likely to go off-road, yet MB sees fit to equip them so they can dominate. I’d rather change tires and wheels than have to pay someone to add diff locks…

So true. I wish Toyota would watch this. G wagons are not likely to go off-road, yet MB sees fit to equip them so they can dominate. I’d rather change tires and wheels than have to pay someone to add diff locks…
LC300 Comes triple locked too.

LC300 Comes triple locked too.
Only in the GRS trim. The GXR base trim will come with a rear locker, but likely won’t have the rest of the traction control features the ZX or GRS have, market depending.

Yeah, first time in 25 years and not in the states. Slow clap…
Not that most of us could afford it/justify it, even if they brought it here. Hold my beer while I take my 110k+ triple locked LC down this narly trail and stratch/dent it.

Same video.
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 16.14.58.png
How? This is what I see. The vid in your link is from january 2021 and does not feature the LC300. Or am I crazy?

Only in the GRS trim. The GXR base trim will come with a rear locker, but likely won’t have the rest of the traction control features the ZX or GRS have, market depending.
This is not entirely true and depends on market. For example in russia you can get KDSS and triple locked in non GR-S trim. Same goes for Kazachstan. Triple locked is also available in Georgia (the country), Saudi Arabia etc.
Russia trims:

toyota-land-cruiser-300-komfort-v-statike.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 16.41.07.png

But yeah it's weird that in certain markets you can get non GRS trim LC with GR wheels, E-KDSS, triple locked and twin turbo engine. Kinda makes the GRS pointless to buy.

This is not entirely true and depends on market. For example in russia you can get KDSS and triple locked in non GR-S trim. Same goes for Kazachstan. Triple locked is also available in Georgia (the country), Saudi Arabia etc.
Russia trims:
That translated page is for the GRS. Is there another one for the ZX or GXR that shows it having front and rear selectable lockers? The info I saw and posted from Toyota South Africa showed the opposite. Granted, it is a different market, and what one package comes with can differ place to place, but still, Toyota marketed the GRS as the only with E-KDSS and front and rear lockers. I’ve yet to see anything different. If you have a link to the ZX or GXR with that kit available, I’d seriously love to see it. If there’s a 300 GXR that comes with E-KDSS and lockers as options, I’ll be biding my time until I can sell my 200 and buy one!

How? This is what I see. The vid in your link is from january 2021 and does not feature the LC300. Or am I crazy?
Maybe I posted the wrong one? Weird, thanks for fixing! I updated the original post.

That translated page is for the GRS. Is there another one for the ZX or GXR that shows it having front and rear selectable lockers? The info I saw and posted from Toyota South Africa showed the opposite. Granted, it is a different market, and what one package comes with can differ place to place, but still, Toyota marketed the GRS as the only with E-KDSS and front and rear lockers. I’ve yet to see anything different. If you have a link to the ZX or GXR with that kit available, I’d seriously love to see it. If there’s a 300 GXR that comes with E-KDSS and lockers as options, I’ll be biding my time until I can sell my 200 and buy one!
The translated page shows the specs for the 4 trims available in Russia.
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 23.44.01.png

Also check out local Toyota websites. Use google translate.
Russia: Toyota Land Cruiser 300 | Описание модели и особенности - https://www.toyota.ru/new-cars/land-cruiser-300/
Kazachstan: Toyota LC 300 конфигуратор-Создайте свою Toyota - https://www.toyotakz.com/new-cars/land-cruiser-300/build?path=model/92aa73e0-411e-4633-a620-9784ffbfcd2b&c=c0ba4abf-9d38-41dc-8851-799ed75c37cd&financeOption=cash (build your own)
Georgia: Toyota Land Cruiser 300 | Toyota საქართველო - https://www.toyota.ge/new-cars/land-cruiser-300/index
Saudi Arabia: Toyota Land Cruiser 2022 | Toyota Saudi Arabia - ALJ - https://www.toyota.com.sa/en/vehicles/suv/LC300 (website is in english)
Saudi VX spec gets you twin turbo engine and triple locked:
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 23.49.05.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom