Suspension upgrade Radius arms 2001 troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Go easy, its my first time posting.
A question?
I have a 2001 Troopy, still running original suspension.
I have done a bit of home work and was sure in the direction I was going, but..
I spoke with a bloke who specializes in suspension and he suggested it is wise if upgrading the suspension to carry a greater load I should also replace the radius arm with JMax radius arms.
This is to cater for a greater degree in camber, from 3 degrees to 5 or 7 due to the weight in the rear (I think)
Apparently the ride is better
The set up is looking like Koni's on the corners, kings up front, parabolics in the rear 500-700kg
Deal is, this is very pricey with new radius arms

Any one have any experience with this type of set up?
Is it worth it
Could you fit offset caster bushes to the original arms?

help!

Castor correction has nothing to do with the weight. It’s all about how much lift/resulting change in the angle of the axle (rotation up or down). If you get too far from factory spec it affects handling. If you are only raising 2” you may not need to have a correction. New adjustable bushes may be all you need.

Castor correction has nothing to do with the weight. It’s all about how much lift/resulting change in the angle of the axle (rotation up or down). If you get too far from factory spec it affects handling. If you are only raising 2” you may not need to have a correction. New adjustable bushes may be all you need.
Thank you coldtaco for your reply.
I see what you mean
Cheers

I guessing the caster plates for a 80 series would work.
Caster bushings pretty much suck !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom