SUSPENSION TIME!!

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by tewlman, Nov 25, 2003.

1. tewlman

tewlman

Alright, I have gotten pleanty of feedback on "to convert or not to convert". Now, how about the suspension? I think I have decided to go with a 350 with an SM420 or SM465 tranny and I want to articulate a little bit.

Should I go spring over or maybe spring over front and 1/4 elliptical rear, or maybe some cool S#%T I've never even heard of? what are the pros and cons of the different suspensions? And what would be best for something I want to drive around town then climb some rocks!

2. hammerhead

hammerhead

The 420 is hard to find but the 465 is everywhere. I don't think the slightly lower gears of the 420 makes it enough better to warrant the expense and hassle. The 465 is dime-a-dozen. I wanted one and got 3 for free. My junkyard buddy says it is the most common tranny.

SOA with stock springs is a huge improvement for articulation. For getting wilder you might check out the hardcore section.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.