Suspension Suggestions (repost) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

M

Mrpoopypants

My head hurts!
After looking at a dozen brands of springs. What should i use? Or what should i stay away from?
OME, Rancho, SOR, Skyjackers, HFS, SuperLift or Downey? My 40 has a shackle reversal (Downey Advanced Handling kit) on front which alone, gives the front an 1-3/4" lift and I am running Rancho RS9000 adjustable. What do you recommend for Springs and shackles? I would like to achieve a 4" no more then 5" lift, and a descent ride. I will not be rock crawl'n or doing any real heavy 4-wheel'n. Just road use and trails.
Thnx

Re:My head hurts

Skyjacker 4" springs in year and 2" in front with your reversal to give it a balanced ride height. I've ruN skyjacker 4" springs all around for over 8 years and have been quite pleased with them with only about an 1.5" sag in that time if that much at all and that has been a lot of hard trail miles while also serving as a daily driver for 6 of those years. Stock shackles will contact the hangers in the back but are crap anyway. Run OME shackles like DenverCruiser said, but make sure they the longer than stock or you'll have the same problem.

My head hurts

I agree with the skyjacker lift. Easy to install. There is a great write up in the tech section to help you through.

Re:My head hurts

i'm running the skyjacker 4" all around and like it.
i'm also using the 9000's.
i think i'm using stock height shackles from man-a-fre or sor... but they are greasable (neato).

From what I have heard I would either get BTB Products Springs, Downey Springs, or order springs from Alcan, my friend has those, they are great because they build them to how you want them situated, and they are very reasonably priced, just a little more than buying from a lift manufacturer(no affiliations with any vendors) The Man-a-fre 4+ anti-inversion shackles are supposed to awesome. I think the set-up I am going to go with is 4" BTB, or downey springs, BTB was a little less expensive, 2" o.s. 4+ anti-inversion shackles, and a 2 " body lift.
Rod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom