Suspension Squeak - Springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2 months after installing the Dobinsons leveling suspension kit, my front passenger side (U.S.A. right) started sqeaking a bit every time I hit a bump.
I took pictures comparing both sides and the top of the right side doesn't look to be centered properly.
I already made sure both sides were sitting properly on the bottom mount.

There is a specific torque that the front control arm bolts (the ones attached to the axle) need to be set to. 110 ft lbs off the top of my head?? They will squeak otherwise. Seems illogical but that’s what happened when I installed my castor correction plates.

127 ft lbs per the FSM

Few bolts out of torque. Checked the FSM for torque specs and torqued them properly.
Still hear the noise :(
I tried to put some grease in between the springs at the top and it made the noise less noticeable for a few minutes.
Do I need some rubber isolators placed on top?

I run Dobinsons and I fight the squeaks too!

And low and behold it’s the shock absorbers!!! I had to take them off, clock them the other direction and spray the shafts and seal heavily with silicone spray.

devo

Few bolts out of torque. Checked the FSM for torque specs and torqued them properly.
Still hear the noise :(
I tried to put some grease in between the springs at the top and it made the noise less noticeable for a few minutes.
Do I need some rubber isolators placed on top?
Looks to me like the RF spring is not clocked properly and in not seated at the top.

My squeaky suspension is because my shocks are dead. 😀 Currently looking at my various upgrade options.

How many rubber bushings should the shocks have, top and bottom.
I maybe have a few too many?

Found what the squeak was.
Turns out I added an extra washer on top of the shocks hitting the frame.
So instead of; Bushing, Washer, Nut, I had Washer, Bushing, Washer, But.
Took the bottom washer out (looked at the FSM diagram) and boom. Noise gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom