Suspension setup with Long Range America tanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question: (For those who have installed Long Range America tanks on their 100 series.) What suspension setup worked best for you? This would be for the additional weight of 2 - 40gal tanks, 80gal total.

OME? Ironman? Icon? Fox? Medium or Hard springs? I'm upgrading from stock suspension. Nothing is off the table at this point. I drive in the desert of Nevada to the beaches in Cali and Mexico. Not to mention about 1000miles a month on the paved road.

I dont exactly understand how you plan on shoving 2 LRA tanks under the cab where the spare goes, but given that each gallon of fuel weighs about 6lbs, you're going to have 480lbs just in fuel over the rear axel. if you want a good rear spring, I recommend Dobinsons because you can see what each spring is weighted for rather than just being called "medium" or "heavy" duty. Dobinsons 100 Series Suspension options. as for shocks, do you care for adjustability and ease maintenance?

One 40gal tank replaces the OEM tank and the other fits in the spare tire location. I have done all my fuel weight calculations. My question was if anybody has experience with this setup and had to go through the same research for added weight. I don't want my teeth to rattle out or do I want to be super floaty. Dobinsons was another brand I was looking at.

Ahh, I thought they had 2 options depending on the year. gonna have to replace mine now knowing they make one. Also I just put the C59-185 option in, and even being under weight at the moment, they feel smooth. I havent noticed any harsh ride quality or floaty feel after putting them in. that being said ive only gone 40ish miles since putting them in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom