suspension refresh? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have about 70k miles on my Big Dog shocks (not the huge ones) springs, torsion bars, and sway bay rebuild. I did the ball joints about 5k ago. The truck has gradually started to feel pretty soft and is wallowing in turns. I have a 12k winch, bull bar bumper and drawers. What should I be refreshing first? Shocks? Open to ideas, been a minute since I've reviewed the latest recommended suspension components and would appreciate any input. Big Dog? Ironman? I have about 225k on the truck. Thank you.

Dobinsons seems to be getting amazing reviews from majority of people that bought them.

Is ToughDog same as Big Dog? Of all the suspension kits I had the opportunity to test in the past, TD is #2 in my list after Koni Raid. Day and night difference from stock suspension on a Hilux, LC200, LR Disco1, Ranger, etc. And I would go this route if one day I toss my AHC out and go for a conventional suspension system in my LX.
IMG_1173.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL. Yes, Tough Dog. They worked awesome until they didn’t. I ran it pretty hard in fairness. Thx for the input. I’ll look at Koni also.

I recommend double checking the settings on the rear shocks. I recently felt my truck was getting a bit wallowy. I discovered one of the shocks was set to the soft setting I’ll run on washboards. Last time I adjusted them I apparently turned one side the wrong way.

BTW, I think we might be out of luck on getting new Tough Dogs in the states. Trail Tailer stopped carrying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom