Suspension Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, hello. What an awesome forum this is. This is my first post and lord knows I’ve spent countless hours reading and searching for all my answers only to second guess myself more. I have a bone stock 2013 200 series and want to make some changes.
This is my daily driver and I want to continue to have descent/improved road manners while improving its off-road capability and style. I’m not adding bumpers or any weighty products in the future. My plan is to add icon rebound wheels wrapped in KO2 285/70/17s.
Will this require a lift to prevent rubbing? If I do add a lift I was told a dobinson 2.5 C59-544 front coils and C59-559V rear coils would be a good choice to raise and level while keeping good on/off road performance. Will I need to do UCA and diff drop? Thanks for the time

I’ll get you started
1 - lift won’t give clearance, just delay rubbing
2 - 2” and up should do UCA for alignment help. Do it while you’re in there is how I look at it
3 - no need for a diff drop at that lift

Beyond that I got nothing!

The tire size you mention is factory size for TRD Rock Warriors. So depending on your rim offset you shouldn't have any issues with that size. I had 285/70/17 on RW prelift and had no issues.
Most of us here will obviously help encourage a lift, if you do not want a lift and just want to refresh suspension you could do that as well. But if you're going to pay that labor why not upgrade as well. If you feel the suspension is soft and do not like that, then an upgraded suspension will help with that.

I’d run the 10mm OEM strut spacers and leave it stock otherwise. This is a great setup with basically no compromises, is very cheap, and not much labor to install. Also it takes out the low front excessive rake of stock suspension. Then go out and use it, and see what the next steps should be to fit your needs.

Thanks for the help guys! The icon rims are a 25mm offset. I think I am going to end up with the dobinson 2.5 and swap the UCAs. Any thought on fixed vs adjustable UCAs? Favorite brand? Is it advisable to change out the top plate while in there? Last question...does adding a lift take out the drivers side lean? Thanks again

Thanks for the help guys! The icon rims are a 25mm offset. I think I am going to end up with the dobinson 2.5 and swap the UCAs. Any thought on fixed vs adjustable UCAs? Favorite brand? Is it advisable to change out the top plate while in there? Last question...does adding a lift take out the drivers side lean? Thanks again

If you do a 2" suspension lift your going to have to loosen the KDSS valves. At that point you can correct the lean and have the alignment done. Oh that is one thing that can be very helpful. Get your alignment numbers before you do any work on the suspension. This will help the tech know what he is shooting for when he realigns after the suspension work. Also with trouble shooting. I am running a set of SPC adjustable upper control arms and very happy with them. If you are going with a 2.5" lift you will need adjustable UCA's.

If you do a 2" suspension lift your going to have to loosen the KDSS valves. At that point you can correct the lean and have the alignment done. Oh that is one thing that can be very helpful. Get your alignment numbers before you do any work on the suspension. This will help the tech know what he is shooting for when he realigns after the suspension work. Also with trouble shooting. I am running a set of SPC adjustable upper control arms and very happy with them. If you are going with a 2.5" lift you will need adjustable UCA's.
That’s great advice! I would ever have thought about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom