Suspension Question for a FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, i have a stocked FJ60 and i really want a lift bad but can't afford the one i want at this time. I have stocked springs on her and the springs are a saggin. Can i do an add-a-leaf to those stocked springs and bring her back up from saggin?

Thanks

Yes, of course you can. But how much cheaper are they/how much less work than, say, putting in a pair of new springs in the rear? And how good is the ride going to be?

I don't have 'em, haven't ridden in a truck with them on, but I've heard they can make the ride harsh--stiffer, without so much spring, so to speak.

I would vote for saving up your pennies for the lift you want rather than spending them on something that would only delay your lift even further!

An AAL will tend to sag quickly, especially when used with already sagging springs (and it's excaberated dramatically when you wheel the rig)....a fell length AAL will ride much better than a short AAL, but you are indeed increasing the rate so it will be stiffer.

In the long run a full spring pack is a much better option.

[quote author=Jman link=board=1;threadid=12001;start=msg109536#msg109536 date=1077638114]
Yes, of course you can. But how much cheaper are they/how much less work than, say, putting in a pair of new springs in the rear? And how good is the ride going to be?

I don't have 'em, haven't ridden in a truck with them on, but I've heard they can make the ride harsh--stiffer, without so much spring, so to speak.

I would vote for saving up your pennies for the lift you want rather than spending them on something that would only delay your lift even further!
[/quote]

Well i have thought about it and it would cost me about $80 for two pairs of add-a-leafs (one for each spring) and i can get either a shorter leaf for heavier loads but its a more harsher ride or i can get longer leafs for a smoother ride. The add-a-leafs will either raise my truck 1.5" or level her out depending on how bad my springs really are. I am saving for a the HFS 3" lift from CCOT and that's $700 and with two kids $700 is hard to come by. So i figure this is a good temp fix for my sag problem until i put on what i really want. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom