Suspension Poll/Question - 2002 LX470 AHC Delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't do much off-roading so mainly looking for a comfort, stability, and handling. Given all the sales I'm seeing (Ironman 4x4 etc), I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on:

i was told these are stiff and not good on comfort etc.. Nitro Gas 2" Lift Kit Suited for Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470 - Stage 2 - https://ironman4x4america.com/nitro-gas-2-lift-kit-suited-for-toyota-100-series-land-cruiser-lexus-lx470-stage-2/

or should I go foam cell which I was told ride the best? Foam Cell Pro 2" Suspension Kit Suited for Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470 - Stage 2 - https://ironman4x4america.com/foam-cell-pro-2-suspension-kit-suited-for-toyota-100-series-land-cruiser-lexus-lx470-stage-2/

or just replace the torsion bars/shocks/springs with genuine Toyota parts from a Landcruiser?

Price-points at this stage are fairly compelling although the Toyota parts are probably most economical and may give me the what I'm looking for.

Looking for some opinions on recommendations on those who may have the Ironman products as well as the Toyota solution to the AHC Delete.?

AHC has already been deleted by a previous owner but with a horrible solution which I attached

Attachments

• C-2479.pdf
    875.5 KB · Views: 88
New Toyota/Tokico shocks, Toyota Torsion bars, and coil springs of your choosing.
+1 - Seems like most are happy with this outcome.

Do you carry a lot of weight in your 100? Stage 2 would be pretty stiff (in either IM kit) if you are not loaded full time, per what IM told me. I’m stage 1 with 4x4Labs rear bumper with 2x swing outs, TJM front bumper, rock sliders, drawers, and a lot of gear. Rides a little stiff yet.

Do you carry a lot of weight in your 100? Stage 2 would be pretty stiff (in either IM kit) if you are not loaded full time, per what IM told me. I’m stage 1 with 4x4Labs rear bumper with 2x swing outs, TJM front bumper, rock sliders, drawers, and a lot of gear. Rides a little stiff yet.

I thought Ironman’s stages were:

Stage 1 = coils, torsion bars, and shocks
Stage 2 = Stage 1 + diff drop
Stage 3 = Stage 2 + rear control arms

(Each of which you choose which rear coil you want)

While all of them might be too stiff for the OP’s intended use, I don’t think the Ironman “stage” has any bearing on stiffness.

I thought Ironman’s stages were:

Stage 1 = coils, torsion bars, and shocks
Stage 2 = Stage 1 + diff drop
Stage 3 = Stage 2 + rear control arms

(Each of which you choose which rear coil you want)

While all of them might be too stiff for the OP’s intended use, I don’t think the Ironman “stage” has any bearing on stiffness.
Whoops. My bad. So by that measure I have Stage 2. With the lighter weight springs.

If you're (anyone) remove any or all AHC components. I can use them?

I'm looking for all the wire harness housing (pig tails) blocks. i.e: For the pump. pressure sensor (both styles), temp sensor, high sensor(s), controller, accumulator, etc. Number one I need today, is for pump motor. I'm using these to make diagnostic tools.

I'm also looking for the AHC ECU (under dash near IG SW)?

Anyone, please PM if you can help. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom