Suspension option - sans shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at suspension options for my '81 and been looking at performance graphs for Ironman, Dobs, OME, etc. I have new Bilsteins (stock height version) from a recent restoration now installed and may want to stick with those....but don't think these are set up for a 2" lift. As I type this, I think I answered my own question.

But just in case....Are there any options for just new shackles and springs, sans (meaning without) shocks out there as a package? Looking for 2" lift and prefer not piecing this all together.

Many thanks for any input.

6FCB741F-7E8A-418F-B4D3-58AC8DE7B993.jpeg

I believe skyjacker sells their parts individually. There maybe other manufacturers that do the same. In your case if you wheel, you need to find out how much more shock extention you have when the suspension is at full droop. You probably won't have enuff for 2" springs & shackles, but might have enuff for a slightly longer shackle and stk springs. The difference between stk shackles and extended shackles will raise the vehicle by 1/2. For example, 1" pin to pin over stk will net you a 1/2" of lift.

I bought my pro comp springs individually.

I also have a set of shackles from Mark’s Off-road I’ll be listing in the next few days if you wanted to go the shackle route. They are roughly 3” longer than stock, should net 1-2” lift depending on current shackle angle.

Alcan Spring just makes and sells springs, not shocks.

I bet @cruiseroutfit could help you out?

devo

Absolutely! We sell everything in kit form or individually @ Cruiser Outfitters. We stock Old Man Emu, Dobinsons, Tokico, Bilstein, SuperPro, Energy Suspension and even stock height Japanese leaf springs. We'd love to help!

Info@cruiseroutfitters.com | 801-563-1277

Absolutely! We sell everything in kit form or individually @ Cruiser Outfitters. We stock Old ?
Man Emu, Dobinsons, Tokico, Bilstein, SuperPro, Energy Suspension and even stock height Japanese leaf springs. We'd love to help!

Info@cruiseroutfitters.com | 801-563-1277
@cruiseroutfit Thanks for the shout out. Just to confirm, with my stock height Bilsteins, I should be able to do a mild lift with new shackles and springs? Like 2”.

@cruiseroutfit Thanks for the shout out. Just to confirm, with my stock height Bilsteins, I should be able to do a mild lift with new shackles and springs? Like 2”.

We'd have to know the extended/compressed length to verify (or Bilstein part numbers). Some will be too short. Bilstein has a great deal of options.

I’m in a similar situation- have some meaningful cruiser lean in the rear. Replaced all of the suspension components but the springs, and switched the rear leafs. Initially looked ok but has settled down lower. Shop is suggesting a spring re arch, but given what I’ve heard about problems with that route I’m leaning(lol)to just buying new rear stock height springs. Anybody know of a good source for new rear stock height springs (already checked w/ cruiser outfitters)? Thanks

I’m in a similar situation- have some meaningful cruiser lean in the rear. Replaced all of the suspension components but the springs, and switched the rear leafs. Initially looked ok but has settled down lower. Shop is suggesting a spring re arch, but given what I’ve heard about problems with that route I’m leaning(lol)to just buying new rear stock height springs. Anybody know of a good source for new rear stock height springs (already checked w/ cruiser outfitters)? Thanks

I don't recall if we've chatted on this in the past or not. We do have full stock height 40/41/42 and 6x (others coming) suspension kits featuring Japanese springs made to stock specs and look. They are sold in kit form only at this time due to the complexity/cost to get the springs here from Japan. We will do kits sans shocks or upgraded to Bilstein (we stock) but springs won't be sold individually at this time. We do stock/offer Old Man Emu and Dobinsons components individually for those just needing lift springs. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com | 801-563-1277

I don't recall if we've chatted on this in the past or not. We do have full stock height 40/41/42 and 6x (others coming) suspension kits featuring Japanese springs made to stock specs and look. They are sold in kit form only at this time due to the complexity/cost to get the springs here from Japan. We will do kits sans shocks or upgraded to Bilstein (we stock) but springs won't be sold individually at this time. We do stock/offer Old Man Emu and Dobinsons components individually for those just needing lift springs. Info@cruiseroutfitters.com | 801-563-1277
Thanks! Yeah, I called this morning. Might just consider new stock height all around sans shocks. Do you have a link for that option on the website?

Thanks! Yeah, I called this morning. Might just consider new stock height all around sans shocks. Do you have a link for that option on the website?

Not yet. It's in our retail system so the sales team has all the pricing. It will be a minute before they get it on the CruiserTeq.com site. Bryce has a few hundred itsm he's loading this week. Suspension kits while popular are lower volume. I suspect this batch of springs will be sold-out before they make it to the website :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom