Suspension opinions desired (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve just rejoined the 100 community. I bought a 2006 lx470. It’s in amazing shape but the AHC has got to go because I’m not a fan. My last 100 I ran OME torsion bars with uniball UCAs and Icon Shocks up front and OME springs and shocks in the rear.

This will be a daily driver and Offroad travel vehicle. My question is: is there a better option out there for suspension in your opinion? If so, what and why?

Truck will have bumpers, winch, dual battery and fridge all the time.

I can do anything necessary, as I own an off-road/overland Shop. I’d like to hear about different setups you guys have come up with and why you like them.

Extra points for pictures of course.

Here isn’t new lx and a picture of my Tundra.

3B2F04A0-DF2E-4FB4-98D5-986842FF27C8.jpeg

B101DAE2-8FFD-45BC-8A0F-3102B8A7E405.jpeg

OME rear springs with adjustable Tough Dog foam cell shocks. Love the adjustability. The ride is smooth and comfortable on the road, twist a dial and they are great in the trail. Regular TD shocks up front. Don't even run a sway bar anymore. Great setup.

@gatormark91 Where can you get adjustable TD shocks without having to buy the whole kit with springs, etc (at Trail Tailor they only offer the kit)? Curious... would be keen on a setup like yours.

Jason at Trail Tailor will sell you whatever bits you want separately. Call him or PM him here @reevesci

Correct.

We are adding individual components to the website slowly. I used to only keep enough to make complete set. This last order I bulked up the shock count. The 45mm and 41mm for the 100 series are quite popular.

Jason

I’ve been reading up on it. If you can point me toward any good info please do. I know the height sensors are adjustable, and then you can adjust torsion bars and add spring spacers to get pressure back to normal. What I dont like is the ride. This is my first 100 with AHC and I admit my ignorance. How can I improve ride quality with AHC?

@Bomar @LandCruiserPhil

Yeah then pressures are off. @PADDO is the AHC god.

I have great setup on my 99 with Slee heavies and IM Foam Cell Pros but having different firmness settings and still height changes is great in my 04 LX.

Get a $20/$30 tech stream cable off eBay and have fun.

Adjusted sensors and I ran a 30mm spring spacer in rear and then adjusted t bars to get back in spec. Also ran a diff drop (Don’t think really needed) and I run 285/75/17 Toyo’s and they fit great and still can go in hi and low mode.

Save the $$$$ of other cool s***. Also have a friend @ntsaint that has is truck fully kitted out bumpers and cargo system all still running AHC for years.

Thanks. I’ll hit Andy up also. This is a small world. I’ve been in and had several of these trucks, but this is the first with AHC. I’m just surprised by the ride quality. It’s terrible. I’ll do more research before I trash it, and definitely check pressures. Thanks again.

You don't have to worry about the return policy on AHC either

Does it matter which cable I get? Looks like there are several options.

Although I have tried a couple Im thinking anyone will be good. Make sure your OS matches what you buy and use Amazon Prime for an easy return if needed.

Martin back in a 100!

Get two cans of fluid from Toyota and flush the system. It’s prob never been done and that will more than likely return the oem ride.

I’m rolling with full front and rear armor, winch, sliders, roof rack, drawer system and fridge. And i tow a loaded out 416 trailer now. AHC handles it great...with my mods.

I’m running king springs in rear, with a 10mm spacer. Front is just TBs cranked up to compensate. AHC sensor ‘lift’ on all 3 sensors. Ride is pretty damn good loaded and unloaded.

Tech stream is your friend. If those pressures aren’t in range the whole truck will feel ‘off.’

That all being said, AHC is never gonna get u into serious rock crawling rig territory. You need to go traditional for that. But it’s a helluva overlanding setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom