Suspension noise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to find out what the faint noise that sounds like stretching/flexing noise is when the truck turns or body rolls a bit, not sure if some area needs lubrication?

Any chance you're getting a little tire rub on something? Maybe a plastic trim piece got bent and rubs the tire in certain positions? That's what comes to mind for me when you say a "stretching" noise.

Also, might take a quick look at the upper control arm ball joint boots ... make sure they are in good shape. If there is a small tear the grease can seep out and dry up the joint a little bit - then it starts squeaking just a tad at the beginning like getting out of an old bed kinda sound. My sway bar end links had bad bushings on them, and was causing a clunk/clank at times. Just replaced them and the washers as well as the bushings that mount to the frame. Spray some lube on one area at a time and see if the noise stops ... if it's a clunk it won't matter, however. Good luck!

Yes! That's exactly what it sounds like, getting in and out of an old spring mattress bed! Not loud though. Sway bar end links were replaced a year go, not sure if bushings were also replaced. I had the occasional clunk/clank sounds when I go over speed bumps a bit too quick a while ago but it stopped after I told the mechanic, but I forgot what was done (maybe some sort of bushing) and it stopped.
t now it's just a slight "old spring mattress" sound when truck sways during turns. I will get that checked and lubed.

In case it is, what's the approximate cost to replace them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom