suspension lift question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Bull22, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Bull22

Bull22

??? I have a question... I ordered a 4 inch BDS lift kit for my 74 fj40 and got some 35 inch meats for once it is lifted. Do I have to get longer brake lines for it or not? I cant get a good answer on this. And if so what should i get and about how much.

Thanks
    Charlie

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    IMO, recommended. Check the "cruiser facts" section and you'll find a 22-1/2" long hose thru NAPA. Double check the fittings, that should be sufficient. IIRC, stock is like 18".

3. Bull22

Bull22

I found 2 part numbers on the the facts page, and called napa. Is the one number a front and the other a rear? The part numbers are 38009 and 38881. I have the stock 74 brake setup, is this what I want?

Thanks
    Charlie

4. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    you'll need to double check the fitting sizes with your stock hoses...they are the "same" number, just for different manufacturers. NAPA should have a crossreference book you can use to make sure the fittings are the same - I used the book to find these two numbers. IIRC, your vintage should be fine, it's the earlier ones that have the smaller fitting size.

5. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Go ahead and get a longer rear line. I didn't, and played roullette with the devil for awhile. It was pulled taut.
    Skyjacker also sells a nice extended brake line , braided stainless for ~$40, 4wheelparts has it.

6. Bull22

Bull22

Do I need longer lines front and back?
    Oh and cruiser GA I sent an email about seeing if you have club shirts. Do you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.