Suspension lift for a 35" tire upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Manabao, Jarabacoa (close to Pico Duarte in Domini
Hi,

I'm quite new to upgrading! I have a Lexus LX450 1997 and want to upgrade tire size and suspension height.

I am looking forward to put on 35" mud tires. Can somebody help me to know the minimum suspension lift required to fit the tire size ?:hmm:

Many thanks in advance

JFR

you can fit 'em without a lift.

Search. And welcome.:flipoff2:

I have some 34.5" x 9.5" Super Swampers and I cant get them to rub at all on my HDJ81... it has no lift. You should be fine with most 35's... just dont get super wide ones...

I install 315 bfg in my LC and the tires touch the bumper inside when l pass over something bumpy or big holes. :mad:
Only in the the front.

You can "fit" 315's (or a 35) on an 80, but you wont have much flex if you go on any type of trail. You stated Mud Terrains, so I am assuming you would want to take it off-road at some point. Any 2 in. lift will help you get some clearance so that you will have some flex when you take it off-road. I have an Ironman 2 in. lift with 315's and I love how it looks and rides.

Welcome. What brand of tire and model are you looking to use? Do you have any extra weight like bumpers/winches/sliders?

This will depened if you intend to keep factory wheels. I changed to a wheel with a different offset that pushed the tire outward for more stability. I have 6" of lift and 35's I can flex out completely with no rubbing unless I remove the rear sway bar, then the rear tires will rub a little bit under complete flex. You can get by with less lift, but lets face it, if you really want to use the vehicle and the new tires offroad you need the right amount of lift to clear the tires. Good luck.

Take a look at Frankies Offroad Gen II lift kit. He designed his lift specifically for 35" tires. There has been some really good reviews on ride quality. Look for F.O.R. threads. or go to his website at frankies4x4.com

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom