Suspension for the front end of the HDJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just starting my research on new suspension. The only kits I have found that take the diesel 80 into consideration is OME. Can anyone say just how much heavier my front end is so I can accommodate an even lift? Trying to go 2" medium.

I wouldn't buy OME specifically because they allow for diesel, a lot better options out there IMHO.

1FZ apparently weighs 584 lbs, a 1HDT with turbo etc is more like 660.

Budget is going to determine some of your options. I am not a big OME fan, but to each their own.

Dobinsons is very common on these vehicles and can be budget-friendly.

Higher up, you're looking at Slinky intermediates (MillcreekOverland is the reseller here).

Tough Dog suspension is also a popular choice...

So far I believe you are right. But that is good info. Between the engine and a steel bumper I am looking at an extra 100-125lbs.

So far I believe you are right. But that is good info. Between the engine and a steel bumper I am looking at an extra 100-125lbs.
Yep, that's right. I was very happy with the slinky intermediate 3" kit I had on my last 80 for what it's worth

AS much as I want the $1700 Tough Dog setup, I will be on more of a budget. It would be better though since I change my weight dramatically though. For that reason I was debating an air ride rear assist down the road.

3" is too much for me. No need. My truck is a DD and most of the time is spent in traffic. I get out for a few weeks a year and use my truck to tow and pull a lot.

Actually, looks like the slinky/Icon is right up my alley. Only kits available are for a heavy lift but if built separately it is something I will look into. Looks like it is in the same range as the Fox. I like what people are saying about the ride quality on a Fox.

IMHO for a decent ride, you can't go too far wrong with King/Fox/Icon shocks

If each front spring is 200lb/in (guessing, they may be more like 300lb/in) then 100lb would make the front end sit 1/4" lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom