Suspension advice... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would any of you go this route:

I've got a fellow cruiserhead who has a set of OME860s laying around. I thought I'd throw them on the rear of the 100 series for lift and extra load capacity. Is this a good idea or should I find a different spring? I notice most of you are running the 863 or 866 setup in the rear.

And currently I do not have any accessories mounted in the rear such as bumper, tire carrier, drawers, etc.

Thanks!

That would depend on the height of the 860 spring. You don’t want to look like your avatar without the rock under the rear wheels!

I heard one of the 100 guys here has a like new pair of OME 865's for sale...check out the Parts for Sale forum:cool:

I'll look into the 865s for sale, thanks!

Pending any height concerns, can you think of another reason the 860s will not work? I think these are the Medium Ome lift for the 80, which should give around 2-2.5" and a medium load capacity capability. Once I add more steel in the rear they would have to come out. But in the meantime I think they should do the trick. I will compensate the front with new T-bars to level the height.

I think the 860's should work just fine. If others here are using 863's (80 heavies) with loaded down rear ends (Slee rear bumpers, drawers, large spare, etc.) I would think an 860 (80 mediums) would work well with a stock rear load. I say give it a try and report back. The nice thing about the OME t-bars is that you can adjust them to the height you want within reason. Good luck and let us know how they work.

rockclmbr said:
I'll look into the 865s for sale, thanks!

Pending any height concerns, can you think of another reason the 860s will not work? I think these are the Medium Ome lift for the 80, which should give around 2-2.5" and a medium load capacity capability. Once I add more steel in the rear they would have to come out. But in the meantime I think they should do the trick. I will compensate the front with new T-bars to level the height.

Just remember, 80 series springs 860 & 863's included, that one spring is about 10-15mm shorter...so you'll need to add a packer on top of the shorter spring. Check with whomever you purchase these springs from for the exact differential. FYI: 100 series springs are the same height/length.

spressomon said:
I heard one of the 100 guys here has a like new pair of OME 865's for sale...check out the Parts for Sale forum:cool:

At that price he'd be crazy to pass it up too. If I didn't have a set sitting in the garage already I'd have been all over that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom