Sus replacement coolant / radiator hoses on eBay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This guy on eBay has a relatively good deal on replacement hoses for the 100 series so he claims. For Toyota Land Cruiser 1998-2007 Silicone hose LC100 FZJ100 UZJ100 4500 4700 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/384214447172
It might be Chinesium crap or maybe it's from factories that are used to making hoses for other good brands that look similar.
Regardless, the main 90 degree tee hose to come out the top of the radiator seems suspicious. I'm wondering if this looks like an improvement on the shapes to fit better or if it looks way too whack to fit? Or maybe I'm just mistaken all around and the main radiator hoses aren't included..

s-l500 (2).jpg

I sent them a message "Why does the main radiator hose not look like OEM? Is that the right picture?"
They just responded with "Yes it is"

I bought Chinesium Front fog lights and installed them about 10 months ago. Looks good on the first day. It started fading little by little. With the recent part promotion, I ended up buying OEM fog lights. Ok.. took off one of the Chinesium fog light and the rubber gasket is falling into pieces already! What a waste of money!

My OEM hoses have lasted 20+ years and 210+k miles. When I replaced them they were still in good shape. I wouldn't buy anything else other than OEM.

Agree, I just replaced the radiator hoses on my 40. The two lower hoses were original with 3/75 date stamps, it's shocking how long some of this stuff will last.

Not sure why anyone would consider anything other than OEM for such critical components...

Not sure why anyone would consider anything other than OEM for such critical components...
Those are for people who loves color inside the engine bay.. Civics, Hondas...

Are OEM radiator hoses all of a sudden a cost prohibitive part or what?
Some people like me just want a kit or all-in-one package where you can just get all the parts you need to replace the whole system. And then shiney things like this come up that are made from newer, more modern materials that (actually in this case) deal with the heat and freezing temps better (silicone is rated at like 2-3x the heat and cold resistance than many OEM rubbers apparently). Some very reputable companies like Mirimoto make LC100 silicone hoses and two kits that amount to about $300 (double the cost of Chinesium but probably worth it). However, researching even further, silicone is not a good material for people not interested in racing (or potentially in our case incredibly hardcore off-roading), as it leaches a decent amount of water over time.

So OEM is good for people like me. I guess one way to get all the parts I need in a package is to just call and have the sales rep figure out all the intricate parts needed. Probably will have to deal with not getting the discounts from ordering online that seem to be always available on parts.arbitrarytoyotadealership.com, but personal help is worth extra cost I suppose. e.g. I bought some OEM CVT fluid for my Scion online and got it for $77 and the dealer said it was normally $139 if I had purchased it over the counter when I went to pick it up.

(my numbers from recollection could be off, feel free to correct me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom