Supra Fuel pump installed! results! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the man in brown showed yesterday with the supra fuel pump that I ordered from Dan. Set out today to install it, went very well, a 2-3 banana job. Now since it is in I can report back on the seat of the pants acceleration difference. I have had the feeling that the rig was running out of steam above 4000 rpm's just reving to rev, and not prodicing the massive thrust that it provides in the lower to mid rpm's. Well I can happily state that it pulls just as hard up high in the revs as it does down low now. I would definately recommend that it be an almost requirement just like a new HG before the blower. It could have been the high miles on the pump, but I think that it was running out of fuel on the top end, no way to document it in my case. This should be concidered a follow up post on wether or not it provides any noticeable difference, and yes it does.

Follow up to someone who did this to a Turbo'd truck. Similar results I think were experienced if I recall correctly.

Someone like myself that rode the short bus to school, would the gains from a larger displacement fuel pump be offset by the fuel pressure regulator?

yeah, you really (theoretically) should run a rising rate fuel pressure regulator on top of the stock one (which probably should be replaced after 100K miles too). I've got the BEGI one.

Rising rate FPR is next, and I don't think that anyone with a supercharged otherwise stock rig has posted the results, sorry.

After the RRFPR is W/I and then a smaller pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom