SuperTaco Exhaust replacement.....Borla or MBRP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting close to replacing the TRD exhaust on my ‘02 SuperCharged/headers Tacoma....I’ve narrowed it down to one of these 2, and we are curious if anyone has experience with either one of these. I like the throaty sound the TRD exhaust provided, and want to stay away from anything raspy or buzzy. Anyone had either?

BORLA 14945

MBRP S5334409

I prefer to hear the Supercharger spool up to a noisy raspy exhaust......S/C Taco stealth freeway on ramp spool up

Last edited:
That Borla will be louder but most likely sound real good. If you have a decent muffler shop locally they can fab you up something the same lengths as the TRD and then ‘try on’ different mufflers to see which one you like the best. It’s what I did the last time and ran me about $250usd header back. I chose a fiberglass muffler and eventually it got very loud so I’ve gone back and reworked the end of it. I will definitely go with a chambered muffler from here on out if not two. I have a chambered tubular muffler where a resonator would be and another one where the stock one was at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom