Superior Exploring 11-25-2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... transfer case working ...

Wasn't making much progress in 2wd, major handicap!:hillbilly: Didn't get a chance to look at it, but looked like the shifter was moving too far (worn parts?). Possibly hitting the floor, it so would knock it out of 4low when flexed, etc?

Most likely worn parts.. She is no spring chicken. Any ideas as to what's worn and what I can do about it. Was popping out flexed or just a little bumpy. Tell me what to fix and I'll fix it. well.... if it doesn't cost a bunch.... oh hell who am i kidding... it's prob gonna cost a bunch anyway.

Thanks again for the help,
Patrick

THAT is Arizona?
wow ... beautiful!!

Arizona is a diverse place. That run took us from high desert (~2500 ft) to pine forest (~7000ft) and back down. Weather permitting, those runs are always a treat.:cool: We get to see several climate zones in a single day.:D

Most likely worn parts.. She is no spring chicken. Any ideas as to what's worn and what I can do about it. Was popping out flexed or just a little bumpy. Tell me what to fix and I'll fix it. well.... if it doesn't cost a bunch.... oh hell who am i kidding... it's prob gonna cost a bunch anyway.

Thanks again for the help,
Patrick

It may not cost much? My two observations: The shifter moved more than I expected to shift 4low, looked like it was fully compressing the boot and maybe into the body hole? The shifter looked like it moved around more than expected when the motor was throttled.

When power is applied, the motor/trans/transfer torques over, if the shifter is close/into the body, the movement can shift the shifter. Check the motor mounts?

The shifter moving more than needed. IIRC there is a couple of bushings in the lower end of the shifter, where the link is attached, maybe shot or missing? That link is adjustable, may have been messed with, out of adjustment? Remove the boot, shift 4low and see if the shifter hits the body?

I don't have much recent experience with that shifter, so someone who has recently played with one (Mikeob1?) would likely have better tips?

I don't have much recent experience with that shifter, so someone who has recently played with one (Mikeob1?) would likely have better tips?

Is this in a 60 or 62?

Tools motor mount guess is a likely candidate if the lever is moving a bunch when engine is torqued. A ratchet strap to your passenger seat might hold it in 4wd if you want to get by....:D

If you want to meet up or come by the house, I can take a look-see...

:)

apache tears mine is easy to get to, well the backside of it anyway, the actual mine is private property but there are more tears than i care to pick up in the hills. its just a mile or so off the hiway on a 2wd friendly dirt rd. i'll need to look up the mile marker as i dont remember it off the top of my head.

apache tears mine is easy to get to, well the backside of it anyway, the actual mine is private property but there are more tears than i care to pick up in the hills. its just a mile or so off the hiway on a 2wd friendly dirt rd. i'll need to look up the mile marker as i dont remember it off the top of my head.

Yep, pretty sure we know where it is now, have been on all of the other roads! The widening of the highway has changed the exits, we made it to the wrong side of the mine. It was more about time, we had wasted enough, had other goals for the day.:hillbilly:

motivational shots for Patrick
IMG_3105.jpeg
IMG_3108.jpeg

Is this in a 60 or 62?

Tools motor mount guess is a likely candidate if the lever is moving a bunch when engine is torqued. A ratchet strap to your passenger seat might hold it in 4wd if you want to get by....:D

If you want to meet up or come by the house, I can take a look-see...

:)

Spot on...Patrick came by and we took a look. The t-case felt a little dry, and the crossmember mount was blown. The two front's seemed to be ok. Linkage was all right.

Any other 60 peeps that read this...you can save some money if you get the aftermarket rear mount from Kurt, but it generally needs to be drilled out to fit. Unless things are really tight, it's best just to get one from Murf and be done with it. You'll likely want new hardware as well... at least for the 8 bolts for the mount.

A trans jack or hoist can support the motor while you make the replacement. Don't drop those without supporting the engine, or you'll have bad things happen.

:cheers:

just afew few more pics - Beautiful day and clouds with fall colors:
IMG_3100.jpg
IMG_3101.jpg
IMG_3102.jpg

And 2 more pix of Brian and Brittan:
IMG_3109.jpg
IMG_3118.jpg

I had a great time. Good to see those who joined us. Compressor and navigation reconfigurations worked flawlessly. (Thanks to Kevin for install assistance on the compressor)

I'll post pix when I get a chance...didn't take a lot but have a few.

Ok, I got my software in line... finally...

PB250018.jpg

PB250021.jpg

PB250022.jpg
PB250018.jpg
PB250021.jpg
PB250022.jpg

I know Kevin posted the last one shown here but it was an awesome sight!!

PB250024.jpg

PB250033.jpg

PB250037.jpg
PB250024.jpg
PB250033.jpg
PB250037.jpg

I know Kevin posted the last one shown here but it was an awesome sight!!

Agree, it was like the ceiling kept getting closer as we climbed into the clouds.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom