Supercharger tensioner pulley bolt thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the S/C tensioner pulley reverse (left hand) thread, or conventional right hand (righty-tighty)?

I'm planning to install a Gates 38020 pulley and don't want to goon up this NLA assembly.

Searched, but no joy.

Thanks in advance, BigMac

Is the S/C tensioner pulley reverse (left hand) thread, or conventional right hand (righty-tighty)?

I'm planning to install a Gates 38020 pulley and don't want to goon up this NLA assembly.

Searched, but no joy.

Thanks in advance, BigMac

I have done several of these. They are normal, right tighty, lefty loosey. Do you have a S/C Tensioner wrench from Wits End yet?

Thanks inkpot - big help. Yes, I have the "Tools" serp belt wrench from Wit's End - most excellent. I'm installing their Orange Hub clutch and an original fan now.

Thanks inkpot - big help. Yes, I have the "Tools" serp belt wrench from Wit's End - most excellent. I'm installing their Orange Hub clutch and an original fan now.
Ive gotta order orange fan clutch alos have the right oem fan sitting in the box, wish I had known about orange when I bought the blue last year. righty tightey indeed

Instead of replacing the idler pulley (Gates 38020), I just replaced the bearing with a Nachi 6203-2NSE. Made in Japan for high speed pumps. Two from Amazon for about $10. Unfortunately it's OD is too large to also fit in the plastic grooved serpentine idler pully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom