Supercharger pulley and S/C belt off 1/2" - distance off- HELP?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I know my solution but looking for a spec on distance off back of pulley.
finding nada. PLEASE HELP!!

Distance from back of pulley to nose??? I wish I took a photo and measurement prior to this but didn't. But based on this photo off forum I think mine's clearly off.

Here's mine - looking for this measurement in red from back to pulley to flanges - see image with ?? in red. Anyone with same S/C version.
SUPERCHARGER PULLEY DISTANCE.jpg

I think the pulley needs to be pressed another 3/8" to 1/2" as the belt looks off by about that. Pulley is keyed and that's good just not pressed enough like in this video.
See 20:20 to about 21:40 here

I've checked the tensioner pulley and it's pointed the right way per this thread LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ

When rotating it all the belt slides forward off the pulleys towards the fan.
Any help much appreciated.

The distance I get is just shy on 10mm. What issues are you having specially? I had a belt issue that took me six weeks to sus out. In the end I ended up with a Gates laser alignment tool, and a soda can shim stack on one side of the tensioner @ 10 thousand of an inch and a single 5 thousand shim wrapped around the tensioner shaft holing the pulley.
Maynster.

The distance I get is just shy on 10mm. What issues are you having specially? I had a belt issue that took me six weeks to sus out. In the end I ended up with a Gates laser alignment tool, and a soda can shim stack on one side of the tensioner @ 10 thousand of an inch and a single 5 thousand shim wrapped around the tensioner shaft holing the pulley.
Maynster.
Thank you both. The s/c sit out about 3/8” too far and I think got it flipped wrong way. I found a replacement pulley that shows it at 0.4” offset which is about what it looks like it’s off.
When you rotate the whole assembly the s/c belt slides toward the fan. Just a mistake on the pulley flipped. Or I think that’s it thank you @NLXTACY

Thank you both. The s/c sit out about 3/8” too far and I think got it flipped wrong way. I found a replacement pulley that shows it at 0.4” offset which is about what it looks like it’s off.
When you rotate the whole assembly the s/c belt slides toward the fan. Just a mistake on the pulley flipped. Or I think that’s it thank you @NLXTACY

no worries

Some more information here:

Maynster.
Thanks for measurement. 10mm = 0.39" so that helps confirm it for me.
Any chance you can send a pic from side showing measurement - just the pulley to nose if you have the same s/c type with tape measure is great?
No worries if not.
Looks like two types out there - magnuson shows both on their site
this one: https://cdn3.volusion.com/gkpbr.vzyqc/v/vspfiles/photos/02-90-45-003-SL-3.jpg?v-cache=1470485522
both are shown here still Toyota 1FZ-FE 4.5L I6 Supercharger System but not sure which one is the 'newer' version.

Yes, it’s the same Magnusson M80 unit as yours. Last gen unit.

Thanks for measurement. 10mm = 0.39" so that helps confirm it for me.
Any chance you can send a pic from side showing measurement - just the pulley to nose if you have the same s/c type with tape measure is great?
No worries if not.
Looks like two types out there - magnuson shows both on their site
this one: https://cdn3.volusion.com/gkpbr.vzyqc/v/vspfiles/photos/02-90-45-003-SL-3.jpg?v-cache=1470485522
both are shown here still Toyota 1FZ-FE 4.5L I6 Supercharger System but not sure which one is the 'newer' version.

First is the newer style (what you have). Second is the older style (what I have), which was the original TRD release.

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom