Supercharger Bypass Valve Hose Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pierce

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m changing the 5/16 hose on the bottom of the supercharger bypass valve and found this small aluminum piece in the middle of the old hose. It has a small hole in it. Does it go back? Anyone know what it does? Is it an original part of the supercharger?
1E63E6C7-F3FE-4988-B0AF-18B372435E7A.jpeg
CAABEC0C-8438-4B03-9688-C508D239298C.jpeg
3773229A-4573-403D-BD80-E4C9D96E3E82.jpeg
DD372641-670C-477C-9C21-75C3157AF617.jpeg

Looks like a factory part, if your SC operated correctly with it in there I would keep it.
It looks like a smaller port to control vacuum timing to me.

I looked through the instructions and it mentions “hose fitting 5/16, male/male” in the parts list. The instructions do not say where the hose fitting is supposed to be installed. Was that vacuum hose pre-installed on the supercharger by Magnuson?

It would have been pre-installed. I installed mine from the original new unopened packaging and did not have to install that on the SC.

The supercharger rebuilder had never seen one of the fittings before. This supercharger was supposed to have been rebuilt previously. It’s been around the block and there’s a chance that some non factory stuff found it’s way on there. This little hose is a pain to get to while installed and want to get it right the first time.
@2fpower or @george_tlc y’all have probably seen more of these superchargers than most. This fitting make sense to you?

Good advice. This is what Jon Bond said

“A small brass piece can be located in some models to reduce the speed at which vacuum will open/close actuator. This helps with driveability.”

I guess it’s going back in. Thank for the help everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom