Super Swamper LTB 34x10.5 with OME???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering the super swamper LTB 34x10.5x15 with my OME lift. I am not worried about the width but the heigth. My current 33's have never rubbed and I have been full flexed on occasion. SO I was thinking that an extra 1/2 inch on one side of the axel wouldn't hurt but don't want to shell out the cash and then bottom'em out in the fender!!

Any thoughts on how the LTB's wear also? I got over 50k on my BFG 33x9.5 and was hoping to do the same again.

Thanks,
Fish
:beer: :beer: :beer:

These tires fit fine with minimal rubbing. Nothing that will affect turning or stuffing ability. As for mileage, I think it is unrealistic to expect a bias ply tractor tire to wear as well as a radial all-terrain tire. It certainly won't handle like a radial tire on the road! I know several 62 owners who have the LTBs - on a second set of wheels for offroading and radials for road usage. I love the way the LTBs work on my truck but only offroad.

Not sure about the rubbing, probably won't be a problem. The LTBs wear pretty good on my buddies 3/4 ton chevy. Thats a heavy truck with alot of tire spinning power. He has the 33 13.50 with over 10k on em and they still look like theres alot of tread left. You wont get 50 out of them though. I personally don't think they're bad onroad either, for a bias ply. They are freaking awsome in the woods. The loss in mileage is worth the offroad benefits.

Last edited:
Hildy said:
Not sure about the rubbing, probably won't be a problem. The LTBs wear pretty good on my buddies 3/4 ton chevy. Thats a heavy truck with alot of tire spinning power. He has the 33 13.50 with over 10k on em and they still look like theres alot of tread left. I personally don't think they're bad onroad either, for a bias ply. Freaking awsome in the woods too, get em.

What is your experience with them on road? Some rides in your friend's Chebby
? How would describe the way they handle at hiway speeds, 65 mph+, for extended, 300+ mile trips? Yes, they are awesome in the woods, rocks, mud, slickrock even snow. On my truck, without the ARB lockers engaged they are about equal to BFG MTs with front and rear lockers on. They really work that well - offroad.

Yeah, many rides and I drove it a couple times. His truck never handled too good in the first place. Sure they flat spot and wander on the highway, but I personally don't mind it. Its not a race car, and neither is a cruiesr.
I'm sure if he put more than 17 psi in em they wouldn't be as bad on the highway.

I have a set for wheeling. Just recently drove them on a wheeling trip. Above 60MPH is brutal even with the tires aired to 45 PSI. They are sick offroad, though. I can go everywhere in my truck unlocked with LTB's that my buddies truck goes with MTR's and a locker. We have wheeled together in the woods, rocks and sand.

If you are picky about how your truck rides you are going to hate them for everyday use. If you want to go places you cant go now you are going to love them. They won't rub except at full flex, and wont rub enough then to do any damage.

LTB's

I love my 34x10.5's, but its not by DD. Doesn't handle like it used to, but I think its worth it. I have the HFS lift and have not had any rubbing issues.

Loud. The ride is nice I ususally run about 15PSI and they're soft but loud at 30 PSI a little quieter and nice on the highway. I bought mine with "6K" on them and I put about 6K on them and they're down to the wear bars (as in technically they are done). Not sure if I'm gonna put 'um back on or not based on the road noise.

Chris

Oh yeah, and to answer your rubbing question. I'm running add-a-leaf lift for about 2" over stock and i have a lot of rubbing on the top inside of the front fender and some in the rear on the inside again.

Thanks everyone. Great advice. I think I'm gonna steer clear for now.

Keep on wheelin' !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom