Super Swamper LTB 33x13,5-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are your opinion or/and experiences of them mainly offroading. I wasn't going to use them on road almost at all. First I would use them on my HJ61 and later on a BJ40/42.
Are they clearly better than for example BFG mud or GY MTR in hard offroading.
Do you have other suggestions for same money as for LTB, so tell me :confused:

I found some answers about LTB's with search, stupied of me that I didn't think of that before :whoops:

Last edited:
I just tried out my 34x10.5 LTB's this weekend, and can say they make BFG MTs and MudKings seem like a street tire. PO cut out some lugs, so they never get cloged with mud and seem to have traction no matter what. On the road not so good.
Cheers,
Deny

Hello Hasse! Have you decided to get a 40 or 42 now? Do you know approximate prices on those LTB's in Finland?

Hi All:
"Deny," what are your reservations with the 34X10.5 inch 'Swamper LTBs on the street?

Will you be driving this rig to the "Land Cruiser Day" event in Surrey in August?

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Deny" wrote:

>I just tried out my 34x10.5 LTB's this weekend, and can say they make BFG MTs and MudKings seem like a street tire. PO cut out some lugs, so they never get cloged with mud and seem to have traction no matter what. On the road not so good.

from what i understand the softer compound on the ltb makes them superiour offroad to the tsl even. this causes them to wear fairly quick on road but, swampers will eat up bf goodrich mt anyday in my opinion

Allen,
Yes I will be driving the truck to Cruiser days. I can't comment too much on the highway handling, because my every second small lug is cut out and the other small lugs are cut in half, so were they still there, it might ride better, balance better, and wear better on the road. My impression so far, is they are like driving on the highway side warning strip the whole time! However, I have a diesel, and the sound and rattle seem to blend together with the engine noise and general landcruiser rattles at around 90 kmph. And, if I was to use this truck on the highway/ street more often, I would NEED a turbo, these tires are a lot heavier than my old 35 mud kings (slightly smaller too) and up hill is a bitch! I have only had them for a week, so impressions could change, but this is what I think so far.
Cheers,
Deny

They are a street tire if you are comparing them to a super swamper in the mud. Rocks are probably a different story.

you running drums with those 34's on there....and if so, how's that working out for ya?

I have drums in the back, my truck is an 81, so it has the bigger drums? I can't complain, but I haven't tried to slam the brakes yet, hell I feel bad driving on the road let alone try to slam on my brakes so I can wear down the tires even more. I have notices my driving habbits change, I try to take turns at a slower speed, and brake with less force.

wonder how they work on a 40, all drums......sorry for the hijack!

Vegard said:
Hello Hasse! Have you decided to get a 40 or 42 now? Do you know approximate prices on those LTB's in Finland?

There is I think only one place to purchase them in Finland. Their list price is 336 € for one tyre. I've found a guy who has imported a set of 33" LTB:s directly from US, which he is going to sell to me fore 700€. I think thats a good price here in Finland.
No, I'm not trying to get a 40 or 42 right now, but maybe next year ;)

I need the LTB:s because I'm going to participate a Warn Trophy competition with my HJ61. Maximum tyre height in standard is 33" so I can't use my 35" BFGmuds :mad: Probably I'm going to be even more excited about offroad competition and therefore I need a smaller rig like 40 or 42 to have a chance to succes :eek:

But what I've heard so far I should be better of with the "smaller" LTB:s than the 35" BFGmud when only offroading. I'm not going to use the LTB:s onroad or DD at all (I hope) :cool:

Deny said:
Allen,
I can't comment too much on the highway handling, because my every second small lug is cut out and the other small lugs are cut in half, so were they still there, it might ride better, balance better, and wear better on the road.
Deny

Hi Deny,

Do have any pictures of the cuts. I wonder if you have made them less aggressive. As Interco said LTB are their second aggressive after Bogger.

Is here anybody who has siped/cut their lugs to get even better grip in different circumstances with LTB. Would be nice with pictures.

No problem red dirt squirt :)

:cheers: Hasse

Finncruiser,
You will notice a huge improvment in the mud. but the 33 LTBs are actually smaller than 33 (unlike other swampers which are true size) because my 34's sit at 33.5in, and are smaller than my worn down 35in mud kings.

I have no pics yet, but basically there are out side big lugs(which stick out more) and small lugs. the PO cut out the small lugs so that the mud will be easier to clean out of the tread, I don't know if it will be better or worse, but they do look really gnarley.

Good luck in your competition.
Cheers,
Deny

I know you drive a cruiser so you must have skill and what more can I say about Toyota engineering. I was thinking more of luck, like hope a jeep doesn't blow a hub right into your radiator, or your momma gets mad and doesn't sign your premission slip, things like that! :D

Hi All:

"Deny," BTW - what does your rig look like? How will I find it at "Land Cruiser Days?" Read the tire size on the sidewall?? ;)

-Alan
Seattle

Deny said:
I know you drive a cruiser so you must have skill and what more can I say about Toyota engineering. I was thinking more of luck, like hope a jeep doesn't blow a hub right into your radiator, or your momma gets mad and doesn't sign your premission slip, things like that! :D

Hi again Deny,

Oh, now I understand the meaning of luck ;) My "momma" likes offroad so that should be ok. But the other participants.... :rolleyes: :D , that can with my "luck" be a hard case :eek:

Hasse

Allen,
My truck is a Blue BJ42, at the cruiser days it will have a roof rack and probably the only truck with cut up LTB's. To see pics, check out the Coastal Cruisers and Swamp Donkey clubs members rides (on Ih8mud, below), there are also a few pics in trail reports at the swamp donkey page (no LTB pics yet, but soon after next weekend).
Cheers,
Deny

Finncruiser said:
There is I think only one place to purchase them in Finland. Their list price is 336 € for one tyre. I've found a guy who has imported a set of 33" LTB:s directly from US, which he is going to sell to me fore 700€. I think thats a good price here in Finland.
No, I'm not trying to get a 40 or 42 right now, but maybe next year ;)

I need the LTB:s because I'm going to participate a Warn Trophy competition with my HJ61. Maximum tyre height in standard is 33" so I can't use my 35" BFGmuds :mad: Probably I'm going to be even more excited about offroad competition and therefore I need a smaller rig like 40 or 42 to have a chance to succes :eek:

But what I've heard so far I should be better of with the "smaller" LTB:s than the 35" BFGmud when only offroading. I'm not going to use the LTB:s onroad or DD at all (I hope) :cool:

Ok Hasse, cool that you go to this competition! A friend and I just decided to go to Russia for the Arctic Trophy again in 2006. We participated also in 2003, but then in a G-wagon. You could scroll through that story here if you want (written in Norwegian, but lots of pics) http://www.offroad.no/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3245

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom