SUPER Kudos to MARK's Offroad!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
Even after Fed-Ex tried to rain on my parade...I have had enough of their shennanigans...Took my carb off last night, pulled the vacuum seconday flux capacitor thingy off my old carb and slapped her on. Now I am blingin! Cranked a few times, got gas and fired...

very smooth idle, hmmm nice haven't even timed it yet. Fawk it, I'll take it for a spin!

:eek: :eek: :eek: HOLY COW...this cruiser can move now...VERY peppy and alive...with 35's, 4.11's and stock tranny I'm amazed at how she motivates..pulls in all gears, no more stuttering or lagging of any kind. Best money I've spent so far on this Cruiser...(although the ARB's are prolly way up there too ;) )

If anyone in Colorado wants to see how a Marks Carb performs, you are more than welcome to come and drive mine. Excellent work Mark! I highly reccomend him/his shop...quick quality work at a great price.

and yes it is the shiniest thing under the hood! maybe I'll go wash my engine today...hmmm

marksbling.jpg

PabloCruise said:
You can learn more by reading the soapbox section of his website...

Kill two birds with one stone......wait until tomorrow.

Great news. I've talked with him as well and he is very knowledgeable and a nice businessman to deal with.

Mark has done all the major work on my cruiser since I bought it. (I mean LOTS o' WORK). I also recommend him.

Carbs: I went from a Holley back to a stock carb that Mark's Offroad rebuilt (and installed) and I swear it runs better now than then...

Mark is a nice guy. I went on a run with him and Cruiser Dan in Moab. Also had dinner with him one night. He is well established in the TLCA and frequesnt here and Pirate. He goes by the name 65swb45 here and Pirate.

Kudos Mark!!

I second (third, fourth whatever) all of the above. Very nice guy, great business practices and excellent product. It's amazing what a difference a rebuilt, well tuned carb can make! I was lucky enough to hang at at his shop for several hours this past week- Mark pays great attention to detail, obviously knows his cruisers, and has the patience to do everything right. Highly reccomended.

iron_giant said:
I second (third, fourth whatever) all of the above. Very nice guy, great business practices and excellent product. It's amazing what a difference a rebuilt, well tuned carb can make! I was lucky enough to hang at at his shop for several hours this past week- Mark pays great attention to detail, obviously knows his cruisers, and has the patience to do everything right. Highly reccomended.

Was he impressed with your RHD diesel cruiser?

Rob

Damn it, forgot to login as iron_giant again

Actually, I was down in Socal picking up my fj40 from Faultine. He got to see the forty but still hasn't seen the diesel. Mark has a great RHD hj-45 in front of his shop. it was the first time I have seen one in person , and also the first time I've seen the 1h engine. Very cool truck. If I can make it to Petaluma for the swap meet I'll bring the hj60 and Mark can check it out there!!

Best,

David

Mark who?

Sure he sings better than me...
He knows carbs 100x better than me...
He snores louder than me...

:D Mark is a good man!

I have run a fw of Marks carbs and they were all excellent. He does know his carbs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom