For Sale Super charged and turboed Nissan Patrol SD33T engine - new (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
I will never recover what I have into this engine, but I must recover some of it!

This is an SD33T diesel from an 1984 Nissan Patrol. I had it built to the hilt in Australia and then imported it to the USA. The engine build cost me over $25kusd. It than cost me $5k to import, in the 84 Patrol which I used as my shipping container. I am the super duper Patrol addict guy who at one time not to long ago went to embarrassing ends to get s*** nobody else had or probably wanted in N. America.

I have seen one SD33T fitted to an FJ60. I have seen another one fitted to a Land Rover D90. This engine is the equvilent of the 12HT diesel. Almost no elctricals on this engine, fully water proof with a snorkel. If you can getover the fact it is a Nissan TD it will be super awesome in a Land Cruiser. Anything from a 40 to an 80 and this engine will not dissapoint.

I have a new in box NV4500 transmission and Atlas 2-speed t-case along with an adapter to mate this to the SD33T engine. For the right cash deal we can work this in, I bought all of it for this project and it will be a great combo behind the engine.

Short run down on the motor....

-Factory turbo block and base engine for the build, like I say from an 84 Patrol.
-Complete tear down to the bones, magnafluxed, shaved & balanced to extremes.
-Everything new in the build besides the block, crank and cam. All of these three things obviously got grinds and machining.
-Super & Turbo charged, yup I just said that, it is x2 charged! Zero lag, boost off the line! Sprintex S/C and custom Garret T3 turbo. The turbo is both liquid and oil cooled-lubed. S/C lubed from oil pump, even the Sprintex engineers got involved in this!
-Shaved sump system running a 5-stage gear driven oil pump. Custom housing machined to run this off the injection pump cam, does not interfere with timing. Pickup in valve cover and shaved sump, it will literally run upside down and not starve for oil! Super charger is even lubed and cooled via this pump. This is a fully custom system I spent big bucks on. Oil pump alone cost me $3,000.
-Large front mount and smaller top mount intercoolers. Yup I just said that too, it has x2 IC's. Significant drops in temps across the ICs. The engine loves them! Both custom made by PWR.
-Higher pop pressure on injectors to match the build. Custom grind on cam to match the build.
-Fully rebuilt injection pump costing me $2,000.
-Custom pulley system converting it to a serpentine belt, uses a mid-90's Jeep 4L belt.
-Custom tig welded SS remote sump reservoir. This cost me a grand to have fab'ed and it is super nice.
-Port & polish on manifolds and head.
-Lot's of ceramic coating on turbo dump and manifolds. Unbelievable results!
-Top mount oil cooler.
-Very nice custom made PWR aluminium radiator.
-New OEM starter, water pump, glow plugs, head gasket (from Japan) and much more bolt on's.
-All new high pressure steel injection pump lines from Japan, cost me over $500.
-Boost controller fitted, in cab design.
-Custom fitted Hitachi high amp alternator, fitted nice and high. Brand new 12v alt, 125amp iirc.
-I am sure there is much more I am not recalling at the moment.

In short, I am willing to bet there is not another SD33T on the planet like this one. It is a one of a kind build I spared no expense on, it took 2yrs just to build it. With shipping I have over $30k in this engine!! I will never recover that but I need to recover as much as possible. The motor is barely broke in, in fact it is not even fully broke in. I have only done about 150 miles on it tops around my property to work the break in. It needs more to break it in.

I have receipts for everything totaling well over $25,000usd. Engine has been sitting since late 2012 but I turn it over every month or two by hand. The project was designed, engineer and built by Damien, owner of Yuri4x4 in Australia. I know him personally and have been to his shop-house in Australia.

Damien | About | Yuri Mechanical

Contact him directly if you want to discuss the engine with a 3rd party.

Here are videos of the engine on youtube.

SD33T Dyno day 2

SD33T

SD33T part 2

This is absolutely a my loss your gain opportunity. I was crazy to build this and I am crazy to dump it. Life however changes and I am leaving the USA, so it must go! I am half tempted to buy a vintage 70's Datsun pickup and drop this in it ratrod style and sling it to try and recoup some more of my $$$. I am leaving in two months though and just don't have time for something like that.

NO BS sale, cash preferred.

Best to just call me directly and I will go on about it for an hour plus if you like.

Lets start it at $15,000obo. Located in Jackson, Wyoming. Could possibly meet in Denver, Boise or Salt Lake City area for the right no BS deal. Tons more pics of the build for serious inquires.

Cheers
Ian
3 zero 7 six 9 zero 0 five 9 four

In case anyone is interested. I will toss in what is left of my 1983 Patrol for free. This is a chassis and body plus some other bits. This is a left hand drive Patrol that was imported from Germany in about 1987 by the original German owner. I have a clean title on the 83 Patrol. It is a rust free chassis and body, It spent all it's life before I got it in Bakersfield, SoCal. Original paint still on it.

The chassis is modified for a 3-link front and triangulated 4-link rear. The truck had 16" coil overs and was on 40" rubber. Pretty nice fab work on the chassis. I have a turbo dash cluster for it, JDM over head tilt meter with compass, nice after market steering wheel. Truck has factory hand throttle. Hard top is removable. I put new rear lift window struts in it awhile back from Japan along with a handle on the window. It has a CNC cutting brake set up in it as well. I also have dual battery mounts for it. There is a custom made stainless steel fuel tank in the back of the truck. I have a Master Craft Rubicon rear bench seat for it as well that bolts right in and has Crow lap belts. I have a set of PRP seats for the front. I also have a set of 7075 2" solid aluminum links including 7075 panhard and hydro ram arms. Links have QA 1.25" rod ends, not much use.

I stripped the 84 Patrol I shipped over the motor in. From it is a spare hardtop, original seats, Aussie doors with "wing" windows, original steering wheel and more.

I will toss all this and more in for free, everything I have acquired for the truck over the years. I was-am going to part and sell certain items like the links, MC Rubicon seat, ect ect and crush the rest of it but for the right deal I can do one big package. Be a real shame to crush the chassis and body and toss the spare parts I have.

The truck is sitting on my car hauling trailer which is for sale also. For the right cash deal, I can probably deliver all this within reasonable distance, ie 1,000 miles.

troll1.JPG

troll2.JPG

troll3.JPG

troll4.JPG

troll5.JPG

Here is what the Patrol looked like with axles and wheels.

Again, all this tossed in for free if we can make a solid cash deal. I am ready to move it all, lets do this!

Cheers

Last edited:
Oh ya, last bit. Full set of manuals and parts books. You can still get parts for this engine and truck via Australia or Japan.

Truck has no suspension besides links, no steering besides the coulmn and no axles or wheels. Otherwise it is complete and then some.

Cheers

Very cool! An enthusiast's build for sure. Can you tell us more about what kind of HP/TQ numbers you expect or have seen? I looked through what you linked too and never saw anything. Good luck with sale!

Very cool! An enthusiast's build for sure. Can you tell us more about what kind of HP/TQ numbers you expect or have seen? I looked through what you linked too and never saw anything. Good luck with sale!

It was only put on a dyno for tuning and monitoring after first start. Builder suggested breaking it in before real dyno. He suggested 2,000 miles to break it in before dyno and final tuning. We didn't build it to be a hp monster by any means. Hp I wouldn't think is over 200 but torque I am betting is around 500. If you watch one of the videos I posted you can see it is a total torque beast and that is with crappy low range because it had the stock trans/t-case behind it. I haven't ran it with the NV4500 or Atlas behind it yet. I don't have a truck to put it in anymore. This thing gives boost off the line though with zero lag, it is pretty friggin awesome.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom