Super bowl snow run - 3 Feb 2013 with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Marcfj60......do you want to sell your chains cheap?....just sayin'.....you're not using them:doh:

That reminds me. Should I bring my set of 35" chains? I won't be using them.

And just who the hell are you OldRojo with one post that seems to know Marc so well?

That reminds me. Should I bring my set of 35" chains? I won't be using them.

And just who the **** are you OldRojo with one post that seems to know Marc so well?

Yeah---sorry Marcfj60....that prolly shouldn't have been my first post.....I was "piling on" after "LeClerc" posted his rant...

where's the edit button?

edit button.jpg

^^^^^That's way too funny^^^^^^

evanz80 said:
I'm planning to be there - at the North Portal at 8:00. Also probably my buddy Victor in his Jeep. Some of you met him on the Christmas Tree Run. His rig is getting more capable all the time, and now sports a Warn 8274 on the front bumper, and a front locker.

My grandmother used to say 'you can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'. That said, I look forward to meeting him and seeing his rig.

Us and the Lawrence crew will be at la cueva by 9.

I'll be there-north portal...think Sl33p3 will be riding with me

Wouldn't that be something if a member who's been without a cruiser since CM2012 shows before Marc
Meh...guess not

Meh

Keep laughing knuckleheads.

All the faucets are in. The drain pipes are all cut to length and aligned. I hadn't planned on replacing the disposal until I went to install the old one and found several cracks in the case and evidence of leaking. So I had to make yet another unplanned trip to Lowe's.

Just by pure luck, I also picked up a $2,400 Samsung fridge for $700 today. Just a coincidence that I was looking at the very same fridge on Friday at Lowes and then saw a slightly used one for sale on Craigslist today.

Unfortunately, I still don't have it all back together and completely sealed up and functional at 1 am. The hardest part was telling the kids that we weren't going to be able to make it.

Keep laughing knuckleheads.

All the faucets are in. The drain pipes are all cut to length and aligned. I hadn't planned on replacing the disposal until I went to install the old one and found several cracks in the case and evidence of leaking. So I had to make yet another unplanned trip to Lowe's.

Just by pure luck, I also picked up a $2,400 Samsung fridge for $700 today. Just a coincidence that I was looking at the very same fridge on Friday at Lowes and then saw a slightly used one for sale on Craigslist today.

Unfortunately, I still don't have it all back together and completely sealed up and functional at 1 am. The hardest part was telling the kids that we weren't going to be able to make it.

Really?!?!

You are going to bring your poor kids into this?

:rolleyes:

Superbowl run pictorial

We sure did and it was a good time indeed. We met up with the crew at La Cueva and proceeded to JemezToy's back yard, I mean literally, his back yard.

It just so happens that the real name for JemezToy is John Stewart, no really, that's his name. But, he goes by Dave. Dave was kind enough to lead us to FR106, which is basically his back yard. No, I mean that's his back yard. Do y'all think I'm pulling your legs or something? :D

We chained up and aired down and proceeded to go about five hundred yards before snow got too deep for me to break through. I got out of the way and let others have a go at it. Evan tried but was 10 yards too shy. Then Jake the Snake's friend Coyote tried in his kitted out white Mini and he went about the same distance. HJ47 (Josh) had to see how far he gets with his new chains. So he came from the rear of the group, and proceeded to see how far he can get. Those lawyer types and their big egos. :flipoff2: After about six tries, he made it "6 inches further than Ash" :rolleyes: Each time, he backed all the way to the beginning and gave her heck.

At this point it was about 11:30 and it was decided to gather up the rigs and have lunch. Kids found a small sled hill to play while we setup.

Here's the map of our trail run:

DeLorme2-DMapDocument_zps8f14d2e8.jpg

Let's meet the players:

Group:
102_3514_zpsa07e23d3.jpg

102_3518_zpsba5c562b.jpg

102_3514_zpsa07e23d3.jpg

Jake the Snake came in a bone stock '92 FJ80 with his two boys:

102_3527_zps5f0c7784.jpg

JemezToys was in a FZJ80 6" lift with 37" tires, along with wife and son. Here he is inflating the inner tubes:

102_3520_zps2375921a.jpg

102_3517_zpsaceca1c2.jpg

His lovely wife Susan
102_3504_zps64b58ce8.jpg

His son chillin in the back of dad's 80 (he owns a driveway queen Jeep apparently :D)

102_3519_zps86ae5c32.jpg

Josh with Liam
102_3515_zpsf32d25e2.jpg

His wife Emma (truly the better half) in the background
102_3533_zps10544cf3.jpg

and the sandwich they brought. Let's call him Thor - master of the Sandwichas Gigantus.
102_3522_zps03c5ea6a.jpg

How big was this sandwich? Isabelle had to unhinge her jaws in order to get it in (and you know she has a big mouth)
102_3524_zpsaca2e4bf.jpg

Coyote's (Jake's buddy) mini
102_3510_zpsbf08e3c8.jpg

Last edited:
Superbowl run pictorial - cont

The gang at lunch
102_3525_zpsadcb702b.jpg

102_3526_zps162c431e.jpg

102_3523_zpsac9c2149.jpg

Momma heating up some tasty stew:

102_3521_zps44d0d835.jpg

After lunch, we headed back out of FR106, drop the chains and headed to the sledding hill, just about 400 yards away:

102_3541_zps1b9dbcdb.jpg

This hill means business. Watch the video

I probably shouldn't have waxed the sled?

video link
Isabelle wasn't sure what state she was in after that run:

102_3534_zpsb4874a32.jpg

On the way home, Lurch and the Ali family stopped at Los Ojos for some crappy food and watched the superbowl.

A big thanks to JemezToys (Dave) and his family for hosting our annual Super Bowl run. They not only showed us the good trails but also set us up with fire and Smores. It doesn't get any better than that folks !

Ali

Last edited:
Another thanks

I second the thanks to JemezToys and a thanks to Ash and the Ali Krew for bringing the teflon-coated sled, stew and funky/cool/retro Austrian flint tool.

We had a great time (Liam especially: this morning in bed he was still buzzing about sledding) and look forward tot eh next run!

Josh '6" further than Ash's 80' B.

It was a great day playing in the snow - thanks to everyone!

Hey HDC and Friends,
My boys and I had a blast in the Jemez on Sun! Not sure who was more tuckered out, them or me. LOL

Much thanks to Ali for the pictorial post and to everyone showing me around their rigs. Also a big thanks to Jemeztoys to the tour and sledding area hook up. Not sure what the boys liked better, sledding or pulling gnarly bones from the ice!

It was a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to future adventures.:cheers:

So ... the group of us pull into La Cueva and there is the sweet FZJ80 in the lot. We park, get out and start introductions to the new folks. The owner of the FZJ80, JemezToys, introduces himself to me, matter of factually and confidently as "John Stewart." I, and others, look at him like he knows me (true via my 4Runner), and he is pulling my leg. He says again his name is John Stewart, but folks call me "Dave." OK, I'm sure now he just knew who I was and was messing with me. Right? Nope. He pulls out his driver's license and sure 'nuff his name really is John Stewart.

Dang.

So ... the group of us pull into La Cueva and there is the sweet FZJ80 in the lot. We park, get out and start introductions to the new folks. The owner of the FZJ80, JemezToys, introduces himself to me, matter of factually and confidently as "John Stewart." I, and others, look at him like he knows me (true via my 4Runner), and he is pulling my leg. He says again his name is John Stewart, but folks call me "Dave." OK, I'm sure he just knew who I was and was messing with me. Right? Nope. He pulls out his driver's license and sure 'nuff his name really is John Stewart.

Dang.

So ... the group of us pull into La Cueva and there is the sweet FZJ80 in the lot. We park, get out and start introductions to the new folks. The owner of the FZJ80, JemezToys, introduces himself to me, matter of factually and confidently as "John Stewart." I, and others, look at him like he knows me (true via my 4Runner), and he is pulling my leg. He says again his name is John Stewart, but folks call me "Dave." OK, I'm sure now he just knew who I was and was messing with me. Right? Nope. He pulls out his driver's license and sure 'nuff his name really is John Stewart.

Dang.

So now we have a younger Pappy and a grumpy, old bear Pappy? :flipoff2: If they're both on the same trail run, should we address them as "Pappy Senior" and "Pappy Junior"? Or Pappy 80 and Pappy half 80? Oh someone stop me...pls.....Thanks you very much...please tip your waiter and waitress.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom