Super bowl snow run - 3 Feb 2013 with pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see that the Super Bowl is on Feb. 3rd this year. I'd like to try out my new snow chains with other people interested in driving around in the snow when the rest of the country is at home watching a sport I don't care about. I'm looking for a run that will be relatively mild and will include stops for lunch and playing in the snow with sleds, dogs and kids. Maybe I'll even get lucky and not have any sick people at my house to keep us from attending.

Anybody interested in joining me? I'd imagine the logical choice would be some Forest Service roads in the Jemez since that's about the closest location to ABQ that will likely have decent snow. And we can meet up with the Santa Fe area folks at the La Cueva intersection of HWY 126 and HWY 4.

I'll put it in my calendar.

Sooooo....We still doing this? I didn't get to go to Gordy's this weekend so I'm interested checking out Jemez's....snow?

It's still on my calendar. Maybe the Jemez got some snow this past weekend and some of it will still be there this weekend.

I'm up for it.

Are we still aiming for Sunday, instead of Saturday?

Well, we normally do the Superbowl Sunday run on Sunday as far as I know. I realize we run the risk of getting back late due to breakage or stuckage. If Saturday is the preferred date I cannot attend due to a conflict.

It's still on my calendar. Maybe the Jemez got some snow this past weekend and some of it will still be there this weekend.

I saw a massive cloud parked on top of the Jemez around 6pm tonight....fingers crossed;)

looks like some snow was had last night and maybe some more today.

New Kid Interested

Hey HDC, I'm interested in the Super Bowl run ths Sunday. I've wheeled on my own but never with a group. Just think of all the fun when a newbie comes along! I'm running a stock FJ80 (hope someday it won't be all stock!) no lockers and such. If you are up for one more cruiser let me know the details. Thanks!

Hey Jake,

This will be a family friendly, mellow run so come along. You coming alone or with a family?

2manycruisers said:
I hope it snows a lot. Talked to a logger today who said the rain melted a helluva lot of snow up there this weekend.

Rain even fell up there? Bugger. The ski area (Santa Fe) got 10" and it's snowing heavily there right now but that is higher.

Jake The Snake said:
Hey HDC, I'm interested in the Super Bowl run ths Sunday. I've wheeled on my own but never with a group. Just think of all the fun when a newbie comes along! I'm running a stock FJ80 (hope someday it won't be all stock!) no lockers and such. If you are up for one more cruiser let me know the details. Thanks!

I agree with Ash, Jake: come along. We've got lots of 80s in the club and even a 100 or two, so the bar is set very low. :)

Josh

I agree with Ash, Jake: come along. We've got lots of 80s in the club and even a 100 or two, so the bar is set very low. :)

Josh

HaHa Awesome! I'll be bringing my boys (8 and 10) along and if its cool a buddy of mine expressed intrest. He has a trailered rig (85 4runner on its way to being a truggy) so he'd need a place to park his truck and trailer. It's overkill for this run but fun nonetheless. He's trying to convince me to get a crawler built and I'm trying to convince him to get his trail rig running!

So the meet time is 9:00AM Sunday at the La Cueva Lodge on NM4 and 126? I'll check back before 8:45 Sunday to make sure!

Will Jon be around so I can file my paper work and pay dues for HDC membership?

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!

Go ahead and Paypal $20 to hdcruisers@yahoo.com. Make it a gift. I'll get the paperwork from you on the run.

If Jake has the ability to print out the membership PDF form, fill it out, scan it and then email it to Pappy, then it's a done deal. We're suppose to be a paperless society anyway, or some such thing.

OK, Ash. I know it's possible to make a PDF form that can be filled in. Anybody know how to do this?

Pappy,

I'll email you the membership pdf that can be filled out. Can you put it up our club home page?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom