Sunroof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, my sunroof finally gave out

to open up it works

but to slide in. the button doesnt even vibrate.

Suggestions? ideas? before i take it down to toyota and get shafted by their tech dept.

My 2 cents worth knowing nothing about them at all, if it goes in one direction, it should go in the other, as the motor is reversed generally, so the problem is probably in the switch or the relay in the Sunroof ECU

I agree that I would check the switch and relay.

Also, make sure there isn't anything in the way causing any resistance. A lot of sunroofs have a safety feature that won't allow it to shut if it thinks something is in the way.

If the motor is bad, a lot of times you just have to help pull it shut while pushing the button. At least, that is how it is on the side windows.

Well, since you brought up a sunroof issue I have a question too. Mine doesn't open all the way when you use the auto open feature. It opens most of the way, but I'll usually have to hit the button one more time to get the last inch or so. Not a big deal but I'm curious if anyone knows if there is an adjustment that can be done to take care of this.

And I think that 100 TD is right on with his diagnosis. Looks like a new switch is in order.

You guys are awesome. I'll get right on that!

98LXand99LC said:
Well, since you brought up a sunroof issue I have a question too. Mine doesn't open all the way when you use the auto open feature. It opens most of the way, but I'll usually have to hit the button one more time to get the last inch or so. Not a big deal but I'm curious if anyone knows if there is an adjustment that can be done to take care of this.

And I think that 100 TD is right on with his diagnosis. Looks like a new switch is in order.

It is supposed to do that. I remember reading about it somewhere but can't really remember exatcly why it does it. Probably for some wind noise reason. Might be in the manual. I don't know of any adjustments that can be made.

98LXand99LC said:
I'll take a look at my user manual and FSM's, but my '98 LX470 doesn't do this.

Just looked it up

Page 29 in the manual

"The roof will open and stop partway 1.4 in. from fully open. Push switch again and roof will fully open."

"As driving with the moon roof opened full will cause wind throbs, we recommend you drive with the moon roof 1.4 in. from the fully opend position."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom