1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sunroof whizzing --

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by erics_bruisers, Jan 25, 2004.

1. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

I have a question on my '91 -- when I used to tilt the sunroof shut, it would make a slight whizzing noise at speed (70-80), so I would slide it open a bit, then slide it closed (the glass), and the noise would subside --

-- well, now, when I slide it shut, I still get a whizzing noise, which can be taken care of by closing the felt thing-er-oo --

-- any ideas? It's 17 degrees here -- maybe the changed temp caused a seal/metal change in size that let that whiz in --

THANKS!!

eric :D

2. Wayne

Wayne Bought by His blood, kept by His power

There was a recent post on this problem and how to fix it about three weeks ago...... I believe the title of the thread was "fixed my sunroof noise".

Wayne S :cheers:

3. landtoy80

landtoy80

I have the same problem and just live with it.
    I just tap on the "UP" button to raise it just a tad and close the visor.

4. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

haha, kurt -- living with it might be what i'm gonna do -- i don't feel like shimming ANYTHING in 19 degree weather -- !!

e

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">