Sunroof rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had this annoying rattle that I've finally figure out is sunroof related. With the roof closed something on the passenger side way back towards the rear rail is loose. Metallic sound, extremely hard see back in there with the roof in place. Roof works fine, no weird noises when it opens and closes and tilts.

Does the headliner need to come out to really see whats going on back there? If I take the glass panel out would that make investigating easier?

Don't really want to tear into it too far if ultimately the headliner needs to come out cause that's not gonna happen.

Pulling off the U-shaped fuzzy edge trim from around the sunroof opening will allow you to peek in between your headliner and roof/sunroof cassette assembly. Removing the dome light will allow you to practically crawl around up there. Tip: wash your hands first so you don't get it dirty with greasy messing-around-with-my-sunroof hands.

Also, the four plastic trim pieces just pop off, sometimes they can rattle and buzz, but it wouldn't be a metallic sound...

Nope still rattling.

I accidentally broke one of the studs off my sunroof when trying to work on it, and now it has a metallic thunk when i hit big bumps.

I'm waiting for summer to fix it - did you see if all 4 bolts are secure that hold the sunroof down?

PS. They strip easily

@chrisbruck resurrecting an old thread here - I think my 06 has developed the same problem and its driving me crazy. Replaced a whole lot of things thinking I've fixed it, only for it to return - had not thought of sunroof until a few days ago and then found this thread. Did you ever get it figured out/fixed?

Nope, still rattles. Very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom