Sunroof Maintenance ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got to thinking about the Sunroof on my LX470.

Is there a special lube for the slides?

Is cleaning and spraying a UV protectant like 303 Aerospace on the rubber gasket good PM?

What do you do if the motor or mechanism fails with the Sunroof opened?
Is there a way to manually close the Sunroof?

1688044931583.png

When I try to search this forum, it comes up like this:

ZZZ_2023_06-29_002.jpg

In theory, there is a bolt that can be turned with a large screwdriver, to operate the sunroof, but I've never been able to get on to turn, in or out of a truck.

The slides don't need lubricating, the cables do; they do need to be kept clean, though (wiping is sufficient). White lithium grease is your friend.

Maintenance on the seal isn't as important for the 100 series as it is for the 80 and 200 series trucks; their seals aren't replaceable, the 100 series seals are.

When I try to search this forum, it comes up like this:

View attachment 3360924
I’ll have the same issue with searches so just use google and add ih8mud to your search.

I bought a can of RV rubber conditioner from Walmart and hit my sunroof gasket with it as preventative maintenance. Still waiting on a leak on my ‘99.

Well, you can kind of get it closed if the motor fails (which is pretty unlikely). You need to drop the motor. And then you can pull the glass to the closed position, push it up in the back, and then put the motor back. It most likely wouldn’t be perfect, but better than full open.

I never open mine. In fact, I'd prefer to not have a sunroof. I was able to forego one on my prized '04 4Runner 2uzfe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom