Sunroof drain locations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello the pics and links to sunroof drains are gone into he old threads can someone please help me out and show me were they are.

Front drains run to the space behind the rear of the front wheel well plastic, if I remember correctly. Rear runs to behind the front wing of the rear bumper. Those aren’t accessible without pulling the bumper skin.

Thank you very much is there a common spot they get disconnected at, such as a coupler of some sorts or is it at any random spot? Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you very much is there a common spot they get disconnected at, such as a coupler of some sorts or is it at any random spot? Thank you very much for your help.

Never happened to me but at the sunroof - hose connection itself . I think.

Thank you all for the help I watched another video and the drain tubes are right next to the junction boxes you just have to unbolt and unclip the grey boxes to gain acess.

How would you go about accessing the top of the drains by the sunroof pull the headliner down?

Hey guys. I’m looking for a photograph of the area where the front drain lines empty.

I ran my tool down the lines and couldn't find where the brush end exited the tube under the vehicle. I’m hoping that the mounts for the eboards my ‘13 came with aren’t covering it up.

IMG_1057.jpeg

Hey guys. I’m looking for a photograph of the area where the front drain lines empty.

I ran my tool down the lines and couldn't find where the brush end exited the tube under the vehicle. I’m hoping that the mounts for the eboards my ‘13 came with aren’t covering it up.

View attachment 3314875

They make powerboards for the 200?

They make powerboards for the 200?

They do!

T-Max Tools was an Australian company that sold out to the chicoms. PO had them imported from Northmead. I found the invoice for $800 AU in the PO’s file on this truck. Now they appear to be only available from AliExpress. They’re great when you have a lift and little kids getting in and out with 25lb school bags on their backs. The boards themselves are super solid, but use em as a slider and the mounts are probably gonna be toast.

Don’t wanna get too off topic. @AnyMal you’re welcome to DM me with questions.

IMG_9670.jpeg

View attachment 3314875
These did not cover your sunroof drains.

No s

No slider, but more clearance than the OEM. Good to know they exist. I guess these are for LC only.

Gonna have to check how it may work alongside the AHC tube protectors once im down there. It could save me from buying sliders, as I only really need them for that and body panel protection. This would be a great option for me as someone who may do a couple weekends camping or go to. trail at most but still picks up family a lot from airports.

These did not cover your sunroof drains.
Thanks @bloc. That's reassuring.

I would still like to solve the mystery of the disappearing sunroof drain brush if anyone can snap a quick photo.

Thanks @bloc. That's reassuring.

I would still like to solve the mystery of the disappearing sunroof drain brush if anyone can snap a quick photo.
The problem is that would require people taking apart their trucks because the front and rear drains are so well hidden.

The problem is that would require people taking apart their trucks because the front and rear drains are so well hidden.

Is there a way to know if you've pushed all the way through the tube. I'm not feeling a change in resistance when I get close to having this tool inserted all the way into to drain opening.

Is there a way to know if you've pushed all the way through the tube. I'm not feeling a change in resistance when I get close to having this tool inserted all the way into to drain opening.
Not that I know of. But you can always just flush it with water and see whether it keeps draining. Once a quart or some other moderate volume has flown through you can be pretty confident the drain is good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom